PDA

View Full Version : Fan Film: Batman 1989 Prequel - I need your help!!

PJWares
07-27-2005, 09:20 AM
Firstly let me start by saying that I'm thoroughly impressed with the work I've seen here. I've spent the last couple of hours browsing the site in utter admiration of the stellar artistic talent present, after a friend referred me to this board when I told him I need some challenging CGI work done for a Batman fan film that I have in development.

I first started developing the idea for a Batman film way back in 2000, since then the movie has evolved into what is now a prequel to Batman 1989.

Over the past 18 months I stepped up the development to pre-production, but that fell by the wayside somewhat due to the birth of my son, a job redundancy and the imminent Batman Begins. I felt that releasing a prequel to Tim Burtonís Batman would be pointless at this stage, as it would get lost in the excitement of the new film.

I have now seen the film and while I think itís fantastic and love it very much, I still believe there is room for my film in the Bat-world and so I have decided to proceed. I will be starting pre-production in earnest over the next few months with a view to shooting over the course of next year and I need your help. At this point the script is finished and is available to anyone that would like to read it, some concept designs for sets are done as are most of the relevant storyboards. I want to involve model makers and CG Artists at this stage in order to develop ideas further and see what else may be possible.

I will be shooting as much ďin-cameraĒ as possible, but I need the help of model-makers (of the practical variety) and CGI artists to make this vision come to life.

As of this time, all costume needs have been taken care of, as have all props that I need. I will be building some sets and also dressing some locations, but in order to fully render Gotham City Iím in need of CGI artists for some visual effects work.

The level of CG vs. Miniatures will largely depend on the talent prepared to commit to the project. Here is a basic breakdown of the kind of thing I'm after.

Stone Bat Symbol For Title Sequence - Miniature/CGI
Wayne Manor Exterior - Miniature/CGI
Wayne Manor Study - Location
Wayne Manor Study Window - Miniature/CGI
Wayne Manor Library - Location
Wayne Manor Clock Entrance to Batcave - Set
Batcave Elevator Exit and Corridor -Miniature/CGI
Batcave Monitor Platform - Miniature/CGI
Batcave Batmobile Turntable as seen from runway exit - Miniature/CGI
Jack Napier's Apartment Exterior - Miniature/CGI
Jack Napier's Apartment Bedroom - Location
Joe Chill's Hotel/Wayne Murder Scene - Miniature/CGI
Joe Chill's Hotel Room - Location
Hotel Stairwell - Location
Hotel Lobby - Location
Gotham City Gardner Overpass with Elevated Train Platform - Miniature/CGI
Gardner Overpass - Jack Napier's Vigil spot - Miniature/CGI
Gotham Cathedral Tower - Miniature/CGI
Gotham Cathedral Belfry - Miniature/CGI

As always with a project of this nature, there is very little money to spend, but Iím hoping some of you will come on board for the thrill of being part of a Batman film. I will attempt to cover all material costs and Iím sure there will be an opportunity for Ďgiftsí for those involved and of course you will receive a credit and a DVD copy of the final film.

I currently have a website for the film http://www.batfilms.com (http://www.batfilms.com/) (please excuse the crudeness of the site, I'm no website designer) that will become more active with info as the project grows. Some info that is currently on the site is in need of updating, but youíll get the general idea.

If you wish to contact me to discuss the project you can do so by email me at either of these addresses; paul@nameless.fsnet.co.uk info@namelessproduction.com

I shall be posting the same message at several message boards that I frequent, but if you know of someone that maybe interested in being part of this project, donít hesitate to send them my way.

I have a lot more info on the film for those that are interested, but perhaps the best way to start a dialogue would be to answer questions here. Finally, thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope to hear from some of you soon.

All the best

Paul J. Wares

CGTalk Moderation
07-27-2005, 09:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.