PDA

View Full Version : Don't laugh this is my first attempt.

Infinity3d4life
10-28-2002, 07:36 PM
I have NEVER tryed to model a car before so i thought i would try it.. Anyways here are a couple of attempts.. I might try to do one again...
http://infinity3d.wirefire.com/carbest.jpg

http://infinity3d.wirefire.com/carblackfront.jpg
:surprised

minus
10-28-2002, 07:58 PM
Good stuff... and nice design. -- I like it!

Infinity3d4life
10-28-2002, 08:16 PM
hey thanks minus.. Like i said this is my first attempt and i seen alot of things that i did that i won't do the next time.. It was actually alot easier than i thought it would be, but with the next one i'm gonna up the detail.. again thanks

proton
10-28-2002, 08:19 PM
that's great.....not too shabby...beats my first car model by miles!

minus
10-28-2002, 09:22 PM
Is this spline work? -- Or is it sub-D ? I'll concur that it's probably better then anything I could do right now with cars. :)

Cman
10-28-2002, 09:28 PM
Beats my first car to shame!!
The grille is very cool.

Couple easy things to fix: it looks like there's nothing inside the car looking through the grille in the 2nd shot. You could just throw a poly in there to be the engine block.
Also, is the license plate supposed to say something? What is it?

Again, very decent and good! :thumbsup:

Infinity3d4life
10-28-2002, 09:33 PM
Good eyes Cman.. The car is totally subpatch.. I tryed to put a texture on the license plate, but i have never tryed to texture anything, and after that attempt i never will again.:surprised.. I made this car from a box, and just bandsliced it to hell pushing and pulling points until i got the shape right.. i want to start another one, and try to add the interior to it... and make better tires for it... Thanks for the replies..

vbstudios
10-29-2002, 12:16 PM
Looks like theres a serious gas guzzling engine under that hood. Would like to see more..Good one, especially for a first attempt.

:bounce:

Vic

www.vicbarrystudios.com (http://www.vicbarrystudios.com)

Ayreon
10-29-2002, 01:41 PM
Wow, love the style, it kind of retro but modern at the same time! Nice one!!

Ayreon

leigh
10-29-2002, 03:46 PM
Wow, for a first car - well done :applause:

The only things that bother me is that firstly the car looks very slightly too matte in places, and secondly, it would have been better to model the bonnet of the car a little sharper - at the moment, the edges blend into the rest of the body too much. Defining that area a little more would be cool, but otherwise it's great :D

Those headlights are begging for some bump maps ;)

Infinity3d4life
10-29-2002, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the tips.. I was wondering how i could texture the headlights to get them to look realistic.. I will be updating this vehicle very soon.. I found out some pretty neat things that will make it look better... Wish me luck

Nicodemus
10-29-2002, 09:33 PM
Got kind of a low Key Dark Knight thing happening.

Can't wait to see what else you do with this.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.