PDA

View Full Version : F9 and F10 shortcut on a G5... what the f...

tfortier
07-26-2005, 05:59 PM
Hi everybody, im sure im not the only one who get that problem... im new to G5 world... not sooo happy until now and miss my good old dual xeon... I definitively need some adaptation...

Here my question; In lightwave, if you wanna render a frame you hit F9... but on the G5, the F9 is used by expose... then its not working at all... what you mac guys are doing then for render???

I know i can change the expose shortcuts but then i will disorganize my G5 adaptation... no?

thanks in advance!
t.

joshstanley
07-26-2005, 06:32 PM
apple+f9

Josh

uncon
07-26-2005, 06:55 PM
I remapped the expose key.

monovich
07-26-2005, 06:56 PM
yeah, I got rid of the exposť keys, or at least moved them elsewhere.

Sorinb
07-26-2005, 07:29 PM
Just assign different shortcuts for expose and you'll be fine...in System Preferences/Expose.

Hi everybody, im sure im not the only one who get that problem... im new to G5 world... not sooo happy until now and miss my good old dual xeon... I definitively need some adaptation...

Here my question; In lightwave, if you wanna render a frame you hit F9... but on the G5, the F9 is used by expose... then its not working at all... what you mac guys are doing then for render???

I know i can change the expose shortcuts but then i will disorganize my G5 adaptation... no?

thanks in advance!
t.

tfortier
07-26-2005, 07:37 PM
thanks to all! apple and F9 work fine for now... its my second day on a mac and for now, what i can say is wacom tablet work better and feel more interactive on PC but except that, the transition is very smooth! Changing OS was not so hard finally... but i will miss my windows plugins!

mmm... when im here... another question: when in lightwave i minimize a window, let say the graph editor, on pc the window go at the bottom of the application... really easy to get back. On mac, its going in the dock... mixed with other application windows... Is there a solution for get them back more clearly???

Weetos
07-26-2005, 09:28 PM
you can quickly switch between apps by pressing apple-Tab, just like the alt-Tab on Windows :)

oh just noticed : Manou ... Nichons!!! LOL I'm a big fan of this movie :)

Bonzodogboy
07-26-2005, 10:58 PM
When you have minimised windows in LW on mac, go to the Window drop down menu at the top of your screen. you can select any of your LW menus there if they are open. :)

Insider
07-27-2005, 03:30 AM
I have a five button mouse, and put expose', dashboard, etc to each one of the buttons. This then allows the function keys to work soley for the programs I want.

CGTalk Moderation
07-27-2005, 03:30 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.