PDA

View Full Version : German Sniper - Robot

Klaus
10-28-2002, 05:10 PM
Hi Every Body !!

This is my first image posted in this forum :)

This model has been created for a robot modeling Contest. In this contest, we could not use any type of material.

title of the model: German Sniper
Software Used: 3dsmax5

http://www.doisk.kit.net/Sniper/Sniper_cgtalk-1.jpg

http://www.doisk.kit.net/Sniper/Sniper_cgtalk-2.jpg

Thanks
Cya

Klaus Koester - Brazil
doisk@terra.com.br

farukp
10-28-2002, 05:39 PM
thats indeed a really nice model.. great render too.. i love these standalone renderings...

sers klaus... schön dass hier auch deutschsprachige ihre arbeiten herzeigen... ich versuche auch ein bisschen was in 3dsmax5, aber es läuft nich so gut.. tja....

mfg faruk

Smay
10-28-2002, 09:26 PM
Looks good but many of the german words and sentences are wrong or make no sense. :hmm:

jocke.3dm
10-28-2002, 09:31 PM
That's German in a nutshell! :) j/k

Klaus
10-28-2002, 10:24 PM
Tks Dudes,
I asked for a friend of mine to translate some stuff, but i dont know how to write in german... :shrug:

I'll post some details later so everyone can see

Tanks
Cya

Klaus Koester - Brazil
doisk@terra.com.br

Grim Reaper
10-28-2002, 11:05 PM
it's nice, u got a good eye for the detail of ur sniper, I like that. Just some textures on it would be nice :beer:

MrMunkily
10-28-2002, 11:15 PM
I don't know german, but I know what

Einsatzgruppen
Waffen-SS

means. What exactly do you mean to acomplish with the german/phrase thing?

Agent D
10-29-2002, 12:58 AM
It's weird to see a high tech robot carrying an old WWII mauser. Seems like he could at least put a scope on it.
Definitely a cool image though, and those details are really cool! Good job.

juntao
10-29-2002, 02:21 AM
i agree with Agent D

maybe you could give him a nice 50 cal like this one

Mamimi
10-29-2002, 06:36 AM
You did a nice job there. I like the detail in the hands. Right out of T2 eh?? hehe

frye
10-29-2002, 06:55 AM
Einsatzgruppen and Waffen-SS are not cool terms to use. Especially Einsatzgruppen, I believe they are the troops that were assigned to brutally murder innoscent women and children in the Ukraine area. Think before you act dumbass.

E.T
10-29-2002, 07:52 AM
Einsatzgruppen and Waffen-SS are not cool terms to use. Especially Einsatzgruppen, I believe they are the troops that were assigned to brutally murder innoscent women and children in the Ukraine area. Think before you act dumbass.

Frye: i agree with everything but the dumbass remark.
Try to be civil if you want someone to listen to you.
I rarely listen to people who calls me a dumbass.

E.T

stipen
10-29-2002, 09:04 AM
Waffen-SS !!! :thumbsdow :thumbsdow
I don't really like that:shame:
Did you write it on purpose?? Is it provocation??

Klaus
10-29-2002, 10:04 AM
Easy every body, I would never want to affront you !

My model is a war model, and how I'm descended from German (I'm not German, I'm Brazilian) i choose a german sniper. Here in Brazil we does not have any problem about this, I'm sorry if I offend some one.

I even dont know if the text in german is correctly writed.
I will post some details for you today, without the german text.

Thats all Folks !!!!

Klaus Koester - Brazil
doisk@terra.com.br

tls][2k1
10-29-2002, 10:44 AM
first post ever :)

I´m german and not very proud of my countrie´s past. :/

I like the model and exspecially the "clean" render
Is the helmet under his foot an allied? The german "Fritz"-helmet looks a bit different
The content is discussable (Waffen-SS is very provocative)

No critics on the artwork, but there´re some wrong spellings :)
There are the correct ones

Modell MK- 76 Entworfen um zu Töten - "In Gedenken an Major Konig (König?)"

Größe: Ein Meter und achtzig Zentimeter
Gewicht: siebzig Kilogramm (or kg)

I think u mean "Deutschland über alles" (Oh, I dislike this sentence)

Modell: Mauser Gewehr MK-47
"Konstruiert" is better then "Zusammengebaut" Neunzehnhundertvierzig (but germans also use numbers for dates)
Für: reguläre Truppen (do you mean "Wehrmacht"?)
wurde auch verwendet von den Schutzstaffel-Truppen

but "Einsatzgruppen" has a very bad touch, you shouldn´t use this :/

Sentence on the second pic should be spelled "Den Dämon kleidet das Sturmgewehr"

But Sturmgewehr means assault rife...you should use "Scharschützengewehr" (= sniper rifle)

sniper = scharfschütze

Novadesigns
10-29-2002, 07:53 PM
Easy friends! I don't think our new friend Klaus here is out to offend anyone. I think he's just trying to mix modern tech (or future tech) with WW II Era feel.
As distasteful as it might be to all of us, the Nazi's did exist and we can't change that fact by avoiding certain phrasology nor by attacking people who perhaps erroneously use a phrase that inadvertantly offends someone.

Besides don't you know the old phase about how those who don't know history and learn from its mistakes are doomed to repeat it? ;)

Anyway, I think more you would have to wonder about the person who originally did the translation in to German for him, since Klaus doesn't speak it.

In any case I think its a nice model and I think its an interesting theme. So many have wondered what things would be like if the Germans of that era had high-tech, its nothing new. But this is something interesting to be sure. I actually like the anachronistic Mauser rifle, and helmet. Although I'd like to see the helmet on the robot, rather than underfoot. ;)

Klaus
10-29-2002, 08:19 PM
Sorry guys..... !!!!!

Now.... DETAILS.....

take a loock...:thumbsup:

http://www.doisk.kit.net/Sniper/mouser-2.jpg

http://www.doisk.kit.net/Sniper/sniper-19.jpg

http://www.doisk.kit.net/Sniper/sniper-20.jpg

http://www.doisk.kit.net/Sniper/sniper-26.jpg

:thumbsup:

Klaus Koester - Brazil
doisk@terra.com.br

slaughters
10-29-2002, 08:20 PM
What's funny is that even if the text said what it did on purpose (which it did not) then you could actually have a valid point by saying the whole image condems the Waffen-SS and Einsatzgruppen as nothing more than a lot of mindless robot soldiers.

I know the original poster did not mean either point of view, but isn't it neat how easy it is to put what ever spin you want to on artistic images ?

Agent D
10-29-2002, 08:30 PM
Nice details! Are you going to texture the model? By the way, now that I think of it, why would the robot need a scope on his rifle? His eye is probably telescopic, and since he's a robot, he could just line up his arm and aim at precisely what he's looking at. So I guess the mauser is fine the way it is.

P.S. To people who are offended by this: What did you expect? Kittens and rainbows? No, it's apparently a Nazi robot. (If it's not meant to be though, you might want to change that text...)

Klaus
10-29-2002, 08:42 PM
Done... :beer:

Take a loock again in my model !!!!!!

Klaus Koester - Brazil
doisk@terra.com.br

hanzo
10-29-2002, 09:14 PM
I think if the germans had made such a cool muchine they would have gave him a much more advanced gun. Good work on the robot though.

Hanzo

robmuska
10-29-2002, 09:30 PM
damn...
your robot has given me muchos inspiration for a similar robot i was doing..thanks. amazing modeling...love it.

MK2
10-29-2002, 10:19 PM
Isnt there an RPG or something called Maschinenkrieger? Some Sci-Fi in the Nazi Scenario? They also have mechs and so on...
I dont care about the Nazi stuff anyway... the only you allways should remember: By showing the symbols and so on, you could hurt some ppls. Ppls who lost theyr familiy.
Maybe its like if i make an Sucide-AirCraft-Robot... its just not right, because with that you can hurt Ppls who where there.

Ohh by the way... i allways see Ppls writing UBER-Soldat and so on... in germany if you dont have the U with the both points over it you write UE. So it is Ueber-Soldat or Ueberwachung. Same with ä (AE) and ö (OE)(i dont know if you see these letters anyway). Toedlich and Gefaehrlich. Change that from now on :) While Medal of Honor was perfectly translated RtCW was a poor attempt. Das Uber-Soldat sound really lame over here, like a 4 year old tries to write... corrected version is : Der Uebersoldat.

For Sniper you have Scharfschuetze and/or Heckenschuetze.
Heckenschuetze is more... dirty. Like the guy in Washington.
Scharfschuetze is more "professional" like a Cop or such.

If you have questions about the german language... just ask :)

ok good n8 now

mk

MrMunkily
10-30-2002, 01:49 AM
I just though it was really ambiguous, and especially because I can't understand german, it was difficult to figure out what point you were trying to make, that's all. Personally, I don't find it offensive, though some would probably say that I have good reason to.

More relevantly, I think that a sniper would probably belong in a Wermarcht (spelling?) group as opposed to the SS. The SS didn't do much fighting against those who could fight back.... that would definitely make the potential insult factor go down.

I don't like Nazis, but I do like the robot.

Wiro
10-30-2002, 12:27 PM
All the German-ness aside...

I like the overall design. Now I do think that if it's supposed to be a sniper, you should really exaggerate that point. Give it lots of goggle modes (i.e. lense), make them really pronounced. Maybe even make the head one huge goggle.

It would have to be stealthy. So camo is probably good...or a ghillie suit or similar (you know, the suits with fake bushes on). Maybe antennas sticking out so it can detect it's target from miles away.

Also exaggerate the rifle. Give it a huge muzzle, showing it really means business. Why construct a robot to fire a puny rifle? Maybe make it look like they belong together...a hose making the gun a part of it. The design is cool but it doesnt scream "sniper"

Wiro

levin
10-30-2002, 06:12 PM
a high tech robot with an M1 Garand ?

Is this set up in world war 2? then don't make him too high tech. Robots constructed at that time wouldn't have smooth streamlined surfaces, it would have those industrial look with square edges, big round screws, and red glowing buttons.

Burkmat
10-30-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by levin
a high tech robot with an M1 Garand ?

Is this set up in world war 2? then don't make him too high tech. Robots constructed at that time wouldn't have smooth streamlined surfaces, it would have those industrial look with square edges, big round screws, and red glowing buttons.

It's supposed to be a mix between both, idiot.

I dont think he was after offending anyone, whats offending with that? :shame:

About the model, damn nice, i luve the details mixed with the streamlined surfaces :drool:

(how long have you been gc'ing?)

MAXer3D
10-31-2002, 01:48 AM
Hi Klaus!
Really good Robot!!:thumbsup:
it can be a great image but of the hand?:shrug:
:bounce: :bounce: :beer:

Klaus
10-31-2002, 12:37 PM
Well... I have no idea of how many time I spend in this model. I made everting in one month., but, you Know, I had others works to do daily. I worked in this model about 2 hours a day (and not every day), doing piece by piece.

This model have 2.054.189 faces, I puted many detais, like screws, mortises, internal parts (inside the head) and "et cetera".

Render time "640 x 480": about 15 minutes.
I have a Pentium 4, 1.5Ghz, 512Mb RAM.

When i come home (now i'm at work) i will poste details of the hand for you.

Best regards. :beer:

"What hurts isn't the fall, but the abrupt stop inside down."

Klaus
10-31-2002, 08:22 PM
Hy guys !!

Now.... hand details !!! :thumbsup:

http://www.doisk.kit.net/Sniper/detalhe-mao-1.jpg

http://www.doisk.kit.net/Sniper/detalhe-mao-2.jpg

Cya

MAXer3D
11-01-2002, 01:30 AM
Thnx Klaus!!:D
I love the detail.
2.054.189 faces WOW!!!!:eek:

Klaus
11-01-2002, 02:25 AM
A big model......
image: 100k
size: 1774px :buttrock:

http://www.doisk.kit.net/Sniper/sniper-grande-2.jpg

Cya

levin
11-01-2002, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Burkmat
It's supposed to be a mix between both, idiot.

I dont think he was after offending anyone, whats offending with that? :shame:

About the model, damn nice, i luve the details mixed with the streamlined surfaces :drool:

(how long have you been gc'ing?)

IDIOT? i didn't say he was OFFENDING ANYTHING!!!i thought this was already resolved? iwas giving constructive comments on how to get his work achieve consistency in terms of style. if high technology ist existent at that time, STYLE would still be 30's.this style is so 2000, IMO. if it does not retain the style, then there is nothing WW2 about that robot. its like a U.S. Marine with a Caveman's club.

but tecnology that can do a robot can sure be capable of at least a better weapon. unles that rifle shoots a particle beam.

brush your mouth, too.

AstroMek
11-01-2002, 09:28 PM
I have to say I really like the time-clash.

And I do love the robot.

Great work! :thumbsup:

Technofreak
11-02-2002, 10:30 AM
the joints and hand are nice work...to me the rifle doesnt make sense...i future robot handling a ww2 rifle?

keep adding details to the front/back of torso and it'll be better

Klaus
11-04-2002, 10:44 AM
I wanted mix both styles (future / WWII)...:thumbsup:

I like that contrast, and clean models.

Cya

Neil
11-04-2002, 01:58 PM
THis is lame, just critique the model only!

And then move on...

I agree that it needs to be more specific if it's going to be a sniper.

danRod
11-04-2002, 03:44 PM
now now boys.....kiss and make up please!!

The model looks good, the clash could be set in the future but reinacting the past because if the world had had a different chain of events than the major destruction of man kind wouldn't have happened and the planet would have bee free of all the poison in the air and man kind would stilll be alive ( and women kind also:) ) and we could all be happy.:D

Hey.......if you guys go to the low-poly vehical: Esca-Bus thread there is some discusion of whether or not the original picture used for refrence is real or not. I think it is real, but if you look at what it says in the thread, it is sort of disputable.

laters

Falk
11-10-2002, 02:39 PM
Oi Klaus, sou o Falk la do 3D online.. eu fiz aquele Uziel.

Hi every body... I participated on the same contest and I'm sure he didn't want to ofend anyone.

About the model.. he won the first place.. if not the first, the second...:beer:

And now about the Nazi stuff. You can't act like that, we live on a diferent world, sorry if this might ofend someone, but a much more friendly one were all kinds of people live peacefully with others, from religions and colors, we have problens, but much smaller ones. Everybody is welcome here, so we don't think me might ofend someone by writing this. I'm sure all you people can make the same or bigger mistakes and just because you CAN'T imagine this would flame so much the topic... Soo.... Don't be so hard

Nevermore
11-10-2002, 04:22 PM
holy shit!
those are some incredible details!
keep up the good work.. can we expect a textured version anytime soon? *does hope so*

...like the time clash, btw

xmess
11-10-2002, 04:29 PM
as a german i feel flattered - cool bot :)

yo stefan, so we meet again, eh? :beer:

Klaus
11-10-2002, 07:29 PM
TANKS EVERYBODY !!! :thumbsup:

"E valeu pela forca Falk :beer:, abracos....."

thecre8ive
11-10-2002, 07:31 PM
Fabulous work! I love the look and feel of the bot ... especially the hands. Great detail!

Michael Chen
11-10-2002, 08:00 PM
Pretty cool. Texture's great.

Will there be an animation on it?

TES
11-10-2002, 08:39 PM
really nice model:applause:

srich23
11-11-2002, 02:47 AM
ii think it looks great, you should at a ton more details though, just little wires and screws,etc, that would add a lot of realism. i particularly love old wwII styles,, especially the posters from the war. rock on=

Klaus
11-11-2002, 10:23 AM
Tanks again... :)

I will post a Low Poly letter.....

bored alien
11-11-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Klaus
I wanted mix both styles (future / WWII)...:thumbsup:

I like that contrast, and clean models.

I think that's a cool concept. One idea might be to have some of the details spill over a little bit, so that there are some WWII elements on the sniper himself, and maybe even a little something really high-tech on the rifle. Not to destroy the style, just to help make the transition. But I personally don't mind the sharp contrast. The modelling is great. Clean. His head seems to me like it might have some wasted space in terms of robot design, though. Great work! :thumbsup:

facial
11-15-2002, 12:43 AM
Hey, Klaus. I love this character design, Keep post more, I wanna see more your works.
:beer:

Klaus
11-15-2002, 05:36 PM
Tanks guys !!! :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.