PDA

View Full Version : Astigmatism=sucky drawing?

Grgeon
07-26-2005, 05:04 PM
Hi everyone,
I just got back from an eye appointment and apparently I have astigmatism... I was just curious, does anyone know if that affects they way one draws?

I don't want to make excuses for my poor drawing skills, but it would be good to know if it does affect the way I draw.

Site about Astigmatism (http://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/astigmatism.htm)

"But sometimes uncorrected astigmatism can give you headaches or eyestrain, and distort or blur your vision at all distances." (my emphasis)

I wear glasses now but i still draw pretty much the same as before, hehe. So feel it's more a lack of drawing experience and dedication than anything else, but it would be interesting to know if astigmatism was a hurdle i had to jump and i didn't even know about it.

I'll do some searching and let you know if i find anything on this. I'd greatly appreciate any input you might have on the subject.

God Bless,
George

BrianSchultz
07-26-2005, 05:11 PM
I have astigmatism as well and would probably say that it has little to no effect on my drawing, or anything for that matter. I would not worry about it.

Dr. Ira Kane
07-26-2005, 05:12 PM
Now you're making excuses :D If you wear glasses there shouldn't be any problem, just practice more :D

Grgeon
07-26-2005, 06:23 PM
Yeah, that's what i figured... I'll continue to work harder then and not worry about it. Thanks Mr. Cruise. I enjoy most of your movies ;)

George

agreenster
07-26-2005, 06:30 PM
Posting to hear yourself talk there, eh Gregon? It's probbaly safe to say that a vast majority of eyeglass wearers also have astigmatism. I do

Wasteland.

Grgeon
07-26-2005, 07:44 PM
Posting to hear yourself talk there, eh Gregon? It's probbaly safe to say that a vast majority of eyeglass wearers also have astigmatism. I do

Wasteland.

Nah, i really was curious about it. Maybe it was a feeble attempt at putting the blame on my meager drawing skills, but there's no denying that it's just a lack of dedication and hard work on my part.

George

CGTalk Moderation
07-26-2005, 07:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.