PDA

View Full Version : Shadow problem in Lightwave!! HELP!!

c_rodsfx
07-26-2005, 02:53 PM
Hi guys!

Have a a little problem with a scene in Lightwave. I hope someone can help me out!! I am animating a character on a white surface and white background, and I am simulating global illumination with several lights, but I have only one light casting shadows. My character walks and does his thing, however its shadow never moves along. It renders the shadow at the starting pose and never moves with the character. I tried rendering at diferent frames, and it does the same thing. For example, if I chose frame 100 to be the starting frame, it renders the shadow that the character would have at that frame, but never changes to the next shadow that character would have at frame 101. It keeps the same shadow at frame 100 all along the whole animation.

Can someone tell me why is that? I would apprecaite it a lot!

Cero

BeeVee
07-26-2005, 02:58 PM
Because you have Cache Shadow map on?

B

c_rodsfx
07-27-2005, 05:22 AM
Thank you!! That helped a lot! I guess need to understand what that option does.

Cero

CGTalk Moderation
07-27-2005, 05:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.