PDA

View Full Version : new Tak annunce the upcoming v8.5 of lightwave

k.marx
07-26-2005, 10:19 AM
he thir
it is last news from newtek i hopr im not to late
LightWave v8.5 Release
Announcementhttp://www.lightwave3d.com/newsletters/v2-n6/images/85R-newsletter.jpg
July 25, 2005

NewTek is pleased to announce the upcoming release of version 8.5, the fifth free update for LightWave [8]. This new update will include the following enhancements:

New OpenGL Hardware shader option using the hardware renderer in OpenGL video cards to display many of the render functions in real-time. Lights, light falloffs, blending images on surfaces, per-pixel lighting will all be available in real-time, with an option to turn this feature on and off.
New Parts-to-Surfaces tool allows for easier integration of 3D objects created in other applications.
New Multi Shift allows the user to do multiple shifts in a single edit with a history profile that can be saved and applied to other meshes."
Dynamics now launch a control window that allows you to switch to other applications while calculating dynamics in LightWave.
Particle dynamics have been improved for accuracy, including interaction with collision planes. A new algorithm also allows large dynamic scenes to load up to 10x faster.
104 new configurable keyboard shortcut options.
LightWave v8.5 will be available as a free download for registered owners of LightWave [8] in Q3 2005

R-6
07-27-2005, 12:39 PM
Glad this update is a free download.:)

pixym
07-27-2005, 12:56 PM
Nothing interresting for me,
I will stay with my 8.2 for modeling and go on learning 3DS Max and Vray for my architecural animations... :hmm:
I am also waiting for the luxology announce :rolleyes:

tunedby
07-27-2005, 01:05 PM
glad I could use 104 more keyboard shortcuts. This is a strong step to speed up modeling.

funfun
07-27-2005, 02:32 PM
Nothing interresting for me,
I will stay with my 8.2 for modeling and go on learning 3DS Max and Vray for my architecural animations... :hmm:
I am also waiting for the luxology announce :rolleyes:

very excited about the annoucemnt of renderer from LUX , 2 Aug:bounce:

Zarathustra
07-27-2005, 02:32 PM
um, I think CGT needs to add some kind of spellcheck.

Pixym: The original 7.5 Modeler is safer than 8.x. The poly selection problem started with 7.5b or c and was brought over into 8.x. The trouble on PC, from what I'm told, is the dongle driver or something changed with 8.3 so you can't have 8.3 or higher as well as anything lower both installed on the same system.
There's also some guy who cooked up a gui that makes Silo look like Modeler.

Exper
07-27-2005, 02:48 PM
The trouble on PC, from what I'm told, is the dongle driver or something changed with 8.3 so you can't have 8.3 or higher as well as anything lower both installed on the same system.Not true: done it... for sure! :scream:

Read here: Resolving LW's Sentinel Driver problems. (http://3drecursions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=149)

uncon
07-27-2005, 02:53 PM
This sounds great, I am really excited about the new real-time OGL stuff. Sounds like a decent update.

Shade01
07-27-2005, 03:02 PM
C'mon people, at least make some type of effort to search the forums first...