PDA

View Full Version : splitting non-planar poly's?

oxygen_77
10-28-2002, 04:45 PM
I had a weird issue while splitting a nonplanar polygon in a model I created. after selecting the polygon and then switching to point mode I select the two points where I want to split the polygon, hit Ctrl-L and nothing happens. This particular polygon has a high number of points and is not a normal shape so I'm not sure if that has something to do with the problem. Any ideas about what I'm doing wrong or what's going on would be much appreciated. Thanks!

LyonHaert
10-28-2002, 05:51 PM
pictures would help. or even the actual geometry in an .lwo (just the non-planar and all polygons surrounding it).

oxygen_77
10-28-2002, 06:01 PM
Well, I ended up deleting the polygon and creating new ones in it's place so I no longer have the same problem available to show. I've provided a pic of the offending area, but as I said I've deleted the problem polygon and replaced it with two so you'll just have to use your imagination. The two yellow dots are the points I wanted to split the polygon through (you can see the line now where I wanted the split to occur).

http://monsoonstudios.netfirms.com/Lightwave/NonPlanar.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.