PDA

View Full Version : 3D animation short "Kirk 21" and Demoreel 2004

Joak3D
07-26-2005, 07:24 AM
Hi!,...here are 2 links from my last personal 3D animation short and my last Demo reel with my professional and personal projects done in the last years..., I hope you enjoy it, all critics and comments are welcome!... Thanks!

Joaquin.

www.animac3d.com.ar (http://www.animac3d.com.ar/)

http://www.animac3d.com.ar/download/REEL2004.zip (quicktime)

http://www.animac3d.com.ar/download/KIRK%20QT.zip (quicktime)

stephan.s
07-26-2005, 11:12 PM
Great work!

All the motion graphics, displays and whatnot really rock!

Some of the animations are a little edgy at times. But one can see how you improved from the beginning to the end of the animac short.

I would really like to see that movie in a higher quality. Sometimes you can barely understand whats going on because the codec smudges through the frames.

But anyway. Great work!

Joak3D
07-26-2005, 11:21 PM
Thanks!... yes the demoreel is all an increasing process of all this years,... and I hope still growing up and learning more everyday,... also is a little bit of each movie,... I will love to put all the pieces completely, but it would be a very large movie,ha!... I have a DVD of this movies both demo and Kirk, in high quality,... but I'm trying finding a way to put a high quality movie here without having a big file,...I will find out soon and posted again!,...

Thanks for your words,... see you around!

stephan.s
07-26-2005, 11:37 PM
Nonono, I was talking about that kirk movie only. You can see the progress in your animation skills there.

The demo reel is cool too. I just watched it. Some real professional work in there! Great job! The cutting is just a little too fast paced for me. I would've liked to see some of the shots a little longer. :)

Joak3D
07-27-2005, 12:10 AM
oww... yes that is true too, I started long time ago, but just working on it afterwork hours,... so sometimes it passes to much time between everytime I touch and continue the project,...

Thanks!,...and yes you are right about the cutting,...I will change that in my next demo for next year,... I hope I can still fill in it up with new stuff and challenges,....

saw you website too,... great stuff there!,...

See you around!

xZeroSignalx
07-27-2005, 10:44 AM
If you're looking for high quality video codec with smaller files, I would definately recommend using Apple's new H.264 codec with Quicktime 7. You get perfectly crisp quality and save a ton on file size. Although anyone who would want to watch it would need version 7 of Quicktime. (though I would think most people, especially ones on these forums, keep their computers well updated.)

Joak3D
07-27-2005, 05:47 PM
Thank you!... I will looking forward to post a high version of the movie,...with the quicktime 7....

Thanks for the tip!

If you're looking for high quality video codec with smaller files, I would definately recommend using Apple's new H.264 codec with Quicktime 7. You get perfectly crisp quality and save a ton on file size. Although anyone who would want to watch it would need version 7 of Quicktime. (though I would think most people, especially ones on these forums, keep their computers well updated.)

Capn_Camo
07-28-2005, 07:24 AM
Hey dude

Awesome reel, I have no crits other than the video quality - but you're already on top of that one :D.

Seriously top notch :buttrock:

* WE WANT MORE ROBOTS!

CGTalk Moderation
07-28-2005, 07:24 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.