PDA

View Full Version : Fprime 2

LightwaveGuy
07-26-2005, 02:02 AM
Go to Worley's site, looks like we'll be seeing some enhancements...

www.worley.com (http://www.worley.com/)

mlmiller1983
07-26-2005, 02:18 AM
Thats good to hear! I hope a update to Sasquatch isn't too far behind.

chikega
07-26-2005, 03:49 AM
Finally! It's seems like ages now since I first wanted this integration ....

INFINITE
07-26-2005, 10:14 AM
I'm S O O O O O O O O Happy ! ! Cant wait to get my hands on the new FPRIME ! Shame they didnt state that G2's skin/SSS department hasent had an overhaul, it had a few problems but hey will be fun to use again!

mav3rick
07-26-2005, 10:17 AM
guys checkout japanees page it has more infos.. why are we (native english speakers) always in lack of infos? does worley earn so much more from japanees guys or he is so crazy that he learn japanees latly since he got so much extra time:)

T4D
07-26-2005, 12:08 PM
his japaness Web dude is most likely quickier in updating the website then the US Guy :D

mav3rick
07-26-2005, 12:43 PM
well what to heck .. i'll start learnin japanees than.....

LightWuv
07-26-2005, 08:13 PM
Here's a quick translation on the first half of Monday's text. The SDK comment is interesting. Bear in mind the translation might be off in places.

25.07.2005 (Monday)

G2 discount sale and FPrime version update

Thanks for all the email.
The discount sale will not be this week.
The reason for that is that this week, starting Saturday evening, Steve Worley is going to be at SIGGRAPH, and while that's going on he says he'd like to concentrate on that.

At the time of FPrime's previous release, with the impatience of many people we received strong reactions and fell behind in responding.

This time, if the same thing occurs we fear we won't be able to cope quickly.

Since SIGGRAPH is a very important convention for engineers, Steve Worley's plans are to attend lots of seminars and workshops rather than view exhibitions.

SIGGRAPH comes along once a year, every year, and we apologize for not taking that into account [when they first announced the sale to be this week, I guess].

SIGGRAPH ends August 8th. Until then, please give Steve a breather. The discount sale will begin the week after SIGGRAPH.

You've had many questions about the nature of a possible G2 and FPrime connection. FPrime can now display all of G2's effects. Since FPrime can display all of them, SSS is included.

(Because the programs have not been made into one, they can be used both seperately and together.)

"Unimaginable convenience, " comes the loud voice of the Beta-testers.

The link to G2 was hardcoded in-house instead of waiting for an opening of the Lightwave SDK.

Furthermore, it's not just that the two programs now work together and have become more powerful as a result, FPrime also receives a 2.0 update. In short, that means lots of other progress has been made too.

Part of that progress is the Hypervoxel support everyone's been waiting for!

< for Hypervoxel support you'll need LW8.3>

richardvacheresse
07-26-2005, 08:53 PM
sweeeet like jam...i can almost taste it... hmmmmm yummy:bounce:

minus23
07-27-2005, 03:19 AM
Thanks for that translation! =)

LightWuv
07-27-2005, 09:40 AM
Here's the rest of the translation. I posted it on Spinquad and Newtek yesterday.

I wonder if the Japanese and English news are so different because some English speaking customers have been more troublesome, say, when FPrime was released and they were lagging behind in processing orders? Let's keep it nice when we swamp them next week, people!

----
25.07.2005 (Monday)

Thanks for all your email. The discount sale will not be this week.
The reason for that is that this week, starting Saturday evening, Steve Worley is going to be at SIGGRAPH, and while that's going on he says he'd like to concentrate on that.

At the time of FPrime's release, we received strong reactions from many impatient people and fell behind in responding to requests.

Since SIGGRAPH is a very important convention for engineers, Steve Worley's plans are to attend lots of seminars and workshops rather than view exhibitions.

SIGGRAPH comes along once a year, every year, and we apologize for not taking that into account [when they first announced the sale to be this week, I guess].

SIGGRAPH ends August 8th. Until then, please give Steve a breather. The discount sale will begin the week after SIGGRAPH.

You've had many questions about the nature of a possible G2 - FPrime connection. FPrime can now display all of G2's effects. Since FPrime can display all of them, SSS is included.

(Because the programs have not been made into one, they can be used both seperately and together.)

"Unimaginably convenient," the beta-testers loudly proclaim.

Instead of waiting for an opening of the Lightwave SDK the link to G2 was coded in-house.

Furthermore, it's not just that the two programs now work together and have become more powerful as a result, FPrime also receives a 2.0 update. In short, that means lots of other progress has been made too.

For Hypervoxel support you'll need LW8.3

In addition, people have asked about discounts on other products, especially FPrime. Because of the initial discount when FPrime was first released, there will not be another now.

In the same way, if you buy G2 (FPrime), then FPrime (G2) won't be attached. Please buy them seperately.

This time around, only G2 will be discounted.

We plan a three-day only sale. After the sale we will go back to the regular price on G2, so please make sure you take advantage [of these three days of pure bliss].

Thank you all of you for your warm support. All of us at Worley Labs extend our heartfelt gratitude.

(PS) To Japanese attendees at SIGGRAPH, if you happen upon us say hi to make our day.

SW will surely be running around the place like mad, teleporting to seminar rooms (that's what everyone always says), but he says that meeting many Japanese [customers] would be cool. Just yell "Steve!". Worley is actually very difficult to pronounce, and I too still mess it up sometimes...
---

INFINITE
07-27-2005, 11:03 AM
HyperVoxels in FPRIME ! ! ! ! oooh I hope soo! this will be amazing! that should mean volumetric lighting and fogginh should also work ?

anyhow the G2?FPRIME 2 combo is plenty for the moment! once there is full integration into lightwave ( if they ever sort SDK out ) lightwave ( with the help of Worley ) will really be supreme!

Exper
07-27-2005, 11:20 AM
The link to G2 was hardcoded in-house instead of waiting for an opening of the Lightwave SDK.

< for Hypervoxel support you'll need LW8.3>Ok... just what I was suposing:
"The link to G2 was hardcoded in-house instead of waiting for an opening of the Lightwave SDK."

About HV: note he points to LW 8.3 but he previously said than 8.3 SDK was not enough to access them; this is a little mistery: maybe he found a workaround or some custom code to link to them otherwise.
Who knows!

LightWuv
07-27-2005, 11:26 AM
Ok... just what I was suposing:
"The link to G2 was hardcoded in-house instead of waiting for an opening of the Lightwave SDK."

About HV: note he points to LW 8.3 but he previously said than 8.3 SDK was not enough to access them; this is a little mistery: maybe he found a workaround or some custom code to link to them otherwise.
Who knows!

The original Japanese states that the 8.3 that is needed is the one that was released in May. Remember that Newtek released the 8.3 SDK "twice".

Hey, I told you it was a quick translation :hmm:

I tried posting the rest of the translation earlier, might have messed that up. It's on Spinquad and Newtek as well. Here you go.

I wonder if the Japanese and English news are so different because some English speaking customers have been more troublesome, say, when FPrime was released and they were lagging behind in processing orders? Let's keep it nice when we swamp them next week, people!

----
25.07.2005 (Monday)

Thanks for all your email. The discount sale will not be this week.

At the time of FPrime's release, we received strong reactions from many impatient people and fell behind in responding to requests.

You've had many questions about the nature of a possible G2 - FPrime connection. FPrime can now display all of G2's effects. Since FPrime can display all of them, SSS is included.

"Unimaginably convenient," the beta-testers loudly proclaim.

Instead of waiting for an opening of the Lightwave SDK the link to G2 was coded in-house.

For Hypervoxel support you'll need LW8.3

In addition, people have asked about discounts on other products, especially FPrime. Because of the initial discount when FPrime was first released, there will not be another now.

In the same way, if you buy G2 (FPrime), then FPrime (G2) won't be attached. Please buy them seperately.

This time around, only G2 will be discounted.

We plan a three-day only sale. After the sale we will go back to the regular price on G2, so please make sure you take advantage [of these three days of pure bliss].

Thank you all of you for your warm support. All of us at Worley Labs extend our heartfelt gratitude.

(PS) To Japanese attendees at SIGGRAPH, if you happen upon us say hi to make our day.

SW will surely be running around the place like mad, teleporting to seminar rooms (that's what everyone always says), but he says that meeting many Japanese [customers] would be cool. Just yell "Steve!". Worley is actually very difficult to pronounce, and I too still mess it up sometimes...

Qexit
07-27-2005, 11:35 AM
Ok... just what I was suposing:
Who knows!Don't forget, there were two LW8.3 releases. Only the later one included any HV support in the SDK and that looked to have been included by accident rather than by design. So perhaps the HV support provided was either quite limited or quite buggy or both. No doubt all will be revealed after Siggraph. Maybe LW8.5 will include full, 'robust' HV support in the SDK which can then be used in third party programs such as FPrime. Full support for volumetrics in the SDK, not just HVs, along with ways to allow full communication between plugins would be nice. Imagine having HD_Instance and FPrime talking to each other nicely :)

Exper
07-27-2005, 11:39 AM
More than good: I hope it too!

As far as I can remeber the comment was about the second release (not putting my hand on fire though).

MooseDog
07-27-2005, 12:59 PM
Imagine having HD_Instance and FPrime talking to each other nicely

OMG:bounce: would that be sweet!

Doncha just love speculation? :)

cyphyr
07-27-2005, 01:07 PM
Probable wildly off the mark , but ...
If Fprime can now render G2 effects and G2 can render Sasquatch, then surely that would mean that fprime should be able to render sasquatch (as long as you have G2 ...) I think ...
cyphyr

Qexit
07-27-2005, 01:19 PM
Probable wildly off the mark , but ...
If Fprime can now render G2 effects and G2 can render Sasquatch, then surely that would mean that fprime should be able to render sasquatch (as long as you have G2 ...) I think ...
cyphyr Er...G2 doesn't render anything. The image in its Preview Window is rendered by running a LW F9 render, this is generated by LW's renderer. So the jump to having FPrime rendering Sasquatch because 'G2 can do it' is a bit off the mark I suspect. Lets try and keep the speculation within reasonable limits :)

CGTalk Moderation
07-27-2005, 01:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.