PDA

View Full Version : Annoying small lag with wacom tablet on G5

tfortier
07-25-2005, 10:16 PM
Hi everybody... i wonder if anybody ran in that problem before;

When i use after effects on a dual G5 here at my new job, i feel there a lil time respond with the wacom pen... when i use the mouse, everything is fluid but with the pen, i can feel a pause between i push and the action... its really annoying cause if i click a layer and go away after, the computer think i wanna drag the layer somewhere else... just like if i never release the mouse button... Its enough for drive me crazy!!!

Mac suck? Wacom Suck? After effects suck? i never experienced that before on my dual xeon...

help!!! its my first day at job and i really wanna continue using the wacom...

thanks

thierry

EDIT: i also notice small freeze happening all the time after an action... like highligthing phrase in a text...

Arctis
07-25-2005, 10:36 PM
Well I had the same problem on AfterFX 6,5 on my dual G5, but I had no problem on Photoshop, so I would say After FX sucks.
After all, it seems to have not changed since the 4.2 release, as if it was not correctly written for OSX.

tfortier
07-25-2005, 11:50 PM
hiaaaaaaa (crying) damn damn damn... i asked the network administrator to reinstal the drivers... i hope it will fix the problem... tomorow... also the computer have a crappy ati 9600 64mb card... maybe its not helping... by the way, is theres a way to upgrade the graphic card?

My kingdom for a nice Dual Xeon... but the departement director is a Mac guy...

On another note, OS X really feel good -with the mouse-... its a very nice piece of OS! chapeau!

Ill continue searching for a solution on other forum... i hope i will find...

tfortier
07-26-2005, 02:30 AM
Damn... i just look in the Wacom forum and a lot of OS X users get that problem... and nobody found a solution...

If anybody use after effects successfully with a Wacom tablet on OS X, can you post a little "it work for me" and some informations about your configuration? like OS version, driver version and what kind of G5 you use...

Maybe we can find a little workaround!...maybe...

snif snif...

t.

Sorinb
07-26-2005, 08:47 PM
Go for ATI 128 MB Mac Edition..or the 256MB

hiaaaaaaa (crying) damn damn damn... i asked the network administrator to reinstal the drivers... i hope it will fix the problem... tomorow... also the computer have a crappy ati 9600 64mb card... maybe its not helping... by the way, is theres a way to upgrade the graphic card?

My kingdom for a nice Dual Xeon... but the departement director is a Mac guy...

On another note, OS X really feel good -with the mouse-... its a very nice piece of OS! chapeau!

Ill continue searching for a solution on other forum... i hope i will find...

tfortier
07-26-2005, 09:33 PM
can i buy that at futureshop and install it by myself???

i dont think so...

It is good for maya? ...i miss my 6800GT!

CGTalk Moderation
07-26-2005, 09:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.