PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 7.5d slow down/crash?

jbw
07-25-2005, 10:43 AM
About 2-3 months ago I replaced my pc but up until now I haven't done a great deal of 3d work. Last night I was having real trouble getting Layout and Modeler to work together?
I can load layout or modeler through the hub (r-click, load layout/modeler) but if I hit F12 or the button to switch between the two it causes the program to halt and eventually crash. If I leave it a 2nd layout or modeler will appear but it's paintfully slow switching between programs.
I thought it would be sp2 firewall but they're both in the exceptions list and allowed complete access from entire internet?
I even disabled the firewall, quit everything and tried again but no difference.
If anyone has any suggestions please help me, I want to get some 3d work done for my portfolio!!!

I'm now considering updating to lightwave 8 (not to solve this issue) but am fearful this problem will just reoccur.

System specs:
Dell Precision 670 (http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/precn_670?c=us&cs=555&l=en&s=biz)
Dual 3.2ghz emt64 Xeon
2gb DDR2 ram
Quadro 3400FX (I think it's running 71.84 drivers)
1x 250gb drive (system)
2x 250gb drive RAID 0 on rocketraid 1640 (storage)

Win XP sp2, fully updated.
Nod32 antivirus, fully updated.
Lightwave 7.5d
Dongle in USB hub, haven't tried swapping to usb on computer.

ta,
jbw

Zarathustra
07-25-2005, 03:44 PM
I've only experienced Modeler slowing down. The answer is replacing the configs. I keep a backup of my configs for when this happens. I never experienced what your describing as far as switching from Modeler and Layout, but maybe it's the same reason.

I'm using original 7.5 Modeler with 8.3 Layout. I'm on a Mac so I can do this. I hear because of the updated dongle drivers for 8.3 on PC, you can no longer have 8.3 and any version earlier run together. I know nothing specific about that.

CGTalk Moderation
07-25-2005, 03:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.