PDA

View Full Version : SLI & Dual Screens.. Workflow?

SimonPickard
07-25-2005, 01:31 AM
Hello all,

As I understand it SLI only works on a single monitor..

Is there any way to have the best of both worlds? Turn on SLI when you want to play games, turn it for for workstation 3D use?

If so how easy is it to do this? Are we talking a tick box in the driver to enable SLI or something? Or isn't it that easy.

Any answers would be most welcomed.

Regards,
Simon

BillB
07-25-2005, 01:34 AM
Yep, it's pretty much that simple. When you switch to SLI you lose the second screen. Not sure if you have to reboot. Do a search, there was a discussion recently.

SimonPickard
07-25-2005, 01:51 AM
Hiya,

Thanks for the reply..
Yeah I just read that thread you were talking about but it didn't really say how involved it is to enable SLI. Having to reboot everytime I want to switch would be a bit of a pain. I hope it's just a case of using a tick box somewhere..

Is there anyone out there with a dual screen SLI setup that can confirm exactly the workflow you have to use to use SLI?

Regards,
Si.

lots
07-25-2005, 05:51 AM
You have to reboot in order to activate/deactivate SLI.

Hopefully nvidia will fix this one day :P Unless its part of the design... In which case i hate it :)

SimonPickard
07-25-2005, 05:58 AM
Damn that really sux!
I mean they must have known people would want to use dual screens with SLI.
I don't have a problem with switching to 1 monitor but having to reboot everytime I want to play a game is a pain in the ass!

Grrr!

Regards,
Si.

CGTalk Moderation
07-25-2005, 05:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.