PDA

View Full Version : short animation: possessed

Sagadur
07-24-2005, 09:57 PM
Initially this was meant to be a first try to get into modelling a creature...
then a skelleton was needed to pose it ...
and then why not move it ...
but moving without an environment ...

http://home.arcor.de/ugleiss/possessed_p.jpg

Well what started as a sketch became quite a project (for my modest abilities). The creature is a kind of a demon. "Kind of" because the concept in this fantasysetting is a little different: there are more than four elements and one of these is chaos<->order. In most times and places they mix in different amounts to form the world but sometimes a high concentration of one element may occur and even become sentient - an elemental. So Demons are only elementals of chaos which destroy everything they touch - even a human mind which causes Possession.

You may judge by your self if I could transport the above idea (I myself am not so sure ;-) ). And I would appreciate critique and comments - but be kind to a first time animation project.

Software used:
Construction and Animation: Cinema 4D R9
Sounds: Yamaha DX7II, D-Piano
Putting it all together: Adobe Premier 6 LE

And the result:
possessed (http://home.arcor.de/ugleiss/possessed_s.wmv)

Norl
07-25-2005, 07:54 PM
The scene details looked good though more movement is needed, anyway the idea about this fantasy demon realm is actually a true reflection of the unknown in the real world.

Sagadur
07-26-2005, 01:34 PM
You are definitely right Norl and in my own opinion the camera movement seems a bit weird. There are also other flaws which I couldn't solve (ore simply had no more nerve to do so). After quite a time I put into this and after learning a lot while doing so I decided to learn on other projects. Which doesn't mean that I'm not grateful for critique (theres's allways a next try).

Thank you so far.

zombiehead
08-10-2005, 10:37 PM
quick tip: never put a black object in front of a black background.

Sagadur
08-11-2005, 03:10 PM
Thank you for evaluating my intelligence ;-).

I have a problem with this and other works of mine where everything looks totally ok while rendering but looks totally different (most times way too dark) on some other computers. Since I couldn't find the source of the problem (it comes and goes with different algorithms used to build the animation and colourmanagement doesn't seem to be the problem). But being only a hobbyist I might not have the knowledge to detect the true reason for this. So if you got any ideas I would really apreciate if you enLIGHTen me (in the true sense) since the problem also seems to show up with some stills.

tufif
08-11-2005, 09:09 PM
You might try putting the video through some sort of post program like aftereffects, or even just try using the levels controls on any video editor.

Sagadur
08-18-2005, 12:10 PM
Thank you for the advice. I may try to produce a less dark version. Still the problem of very different viewing experiences on different systems remains - but I hope to figure it out sometimes (I just had some new ideas concerning this).

CGTalk Moderation
08-18-2005, 12:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.