PDA

View Full Version : Screamernet node setup question

assistant pimp
07-24-2005, 08:26 PM
I found some good posts about this in the past (God bless the search button). But I think I am having one issue. When I installed LW 8. It made a folder called LightWave [8] in the program files folder of windows XP. Now I am at the run the .bat file part of this tutorial http://www.newtek-europe.com/Stuff/LightWave/Misc/MattGorner_ScreamerNet_Tutorial.pdf

But I was wondering if the "[" in my shared Lightwave [8] folder is causing errors in the DOS window of running the .bat file. Why I think this is. At this particular step is tells me to run the .bat file and I will get "Cant access Job File "[8]\config_sn"-" Which they say is normal becuase there is no job file yet until I initialize screamernet. But in there example the full network path is shown ie "\\network\share\config_sn. Any ideas guys? I have set everything up correctly network wise, its just getting screamer to see my nodes I am stuck.

assistant pimp
07-24-2005, 09:13 PM
I actually answered my own question. But in any event if someone searches and has the same issue I'll post what I did wrong. When I used the Network path, I accidentally was using the folder name in the path when I should have been using the share name. So be sure to use the share name and change the .bat file accordingly.

assistant pimp
07-24-2005, 10:51 PM
Now I cannot find the file that supposedly screamernet renders. I have all the directories set up and in the render options I decalre the name of the file and the location. But when screamernet reachers 100% rendered there is not .jpg file or anything. Anyone have this issues as well?

CGTalk Moderation
07-24-2005, 10:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.