PDA

View Full Version : Strange Orient constraint problem

craigs
07-24-2005, 02:35 PM
Something I've never experienced before, when I orient constraint a joint to two other other joint, and in the options constrain one joint only on one axis (X), and to the other joint in (Y,Z), it breaks the previous constraint in X. has anyone experienced this?

john_homer
07-24-2005, 09:19 PM
I havent actually done this...but...

try constraining in all axis, then break the connections you dont want in the hyperShade/hypergraph.

.j

craigs
07-25-2005, 01:44 AM
That doe'snt work for me, Im writing it in a script, for a fkik switching arm, and then connecting the wrist control to the forarm twist, but when i do it breaks the previous orient constraints.
Heres the code..

orientConstraint -skip x -offset 0 0 0 -weight 1 L_ForearmJointFK L_ForearmJoint;

orientConstraint -skip x -offset 0 0 0 -weight 1 L_ForearmJointIK L_ForearmJoint;

orientConstraint -skip y -skip z L_WristCtrl L_ForearmJoint;

john_homer
07-25-2005, 02:07 AM
this is a bit dirty, but you get the idea...
Select the object you want to drive the .rx THEN the object you want to drive the .ry and .z THEN the object you want to constraint and run...

string $sel[] = `ls -sl`;
string $oriCon[] = `orientConstraint -offset 0 0 0 -weight 1 $sel[0] $sel[1] $sel[2]`;
disconnectAttr ($sel[0] + ".rotate") ($oriCon[0] + ".target[0].targetRotate");
disconnectAttr ($sel[1] + ".rotate") ($oriCon[0] + ".target[1].targetRotate");
connectAttr ($sel[0] + ".rotateX") ($oriCon[0] + ".target[0].targetRotateX");
connectAttr ($sel[1] + ".rotateY") ($oriCon[0] + ".target[0].targetRotateY");
connectAttr ($sel[1] + ".rotateZ") ($oriCon[0] + ".target[1].targetRotateZ");

craigs
07-25-2005, 08:11 AM
ahhh! nice one John!:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
07-25-2005, 08:11 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.