PDA

View Full Version : Sync... *poof*.. *splutter*..

jasonarcher
07-23-2005, 10:49 PM
Does anyone know if there's a nifty trick that will allow me to actually get rid of the sync plugin dialogue box in Lightwave? The thing loads up just fine (actually getting it to sync data to Vue is another story, but...) and supposedly does it's syncronization, but there's no button to exit out of it. I'm not able to interact with Lightwave once I've fired up the Vuesync plugin, and I ultimately have to kill the Lightwave process in the windows task manager to get rid of the thing. Ugh.. Does anyone know something about this that I don't?

jasonarcher
07-23-2005, 11:04 PM
While I'm at it --- once I get the synchronization data into Vue, the scale is so hideously, ridiculously large that it's basically impossible to work with, completely aside from the fact that it doesn't even appear to be transfering the camera's motion data. Any ideas on how to fix it, or why the camera appears to be upside-down?

jasonarcher
07-24-2005, 01:20 AM
I think I've made a discovery, for my system at least. It seems that the vuesynch plugin for Lightwave will transfer camera motion data ONLY if the camera in Lightwave has no target object. I tested this out a few times and each time it crapped out when I had a target object assigned under motion options for the render camera. Any thoughts?

nanaboso
07-24-2005, 05:52 AM
Try clicking in the plugins window to highlight it and then hitting the Escape button.

jasonarcher
07-24-2005, 06:52 AM
I would, but after I load up the vuesynch plugin, it won't let me click in anything outside of it.

CGTalk Moderation
07-24-2005, 06:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.