PDA

View Full Version : New plants.

GenePoolDesign
07-23-2005, 09:03 PM
I'd very much like to design entirely new plants in Vue 5 Infinite. Is there a way to do this within the software without the need to modify existing plants? I've not been able to find out how to do so in the reference manual. If it isn't possible to do this in the software, is there another piece of software I can buy that will allow me to do so? What I would like to do is create a better selection of real-world plant life and possibly distribute the files as they're completed.

Mike.H
07-24-2005, 06:11 PM
the only way to do so is (as of now) to modify existing plants and or combine existing plants.
So the sad part is that you cant create entirely unique plants but you can create quite alot of diverse plants, save them and distribute those new plants.

Im quite certain tho that e.on will in the future continue to enhance the plant editor and also release more real vue plants.

But for now, onyx or xfrog is probably your best bet when it comes to creating unique, real life plants from scratch, the sad thing is that you wont be able to animate those plants with breeze/vue wind.

doonee
07-24-2005, 09:46 PM
There is a module by the name of Botanica, sold seperately by e-on, which i guess
is supposed to somehow enhance the vue plant editor.
But i havent taken a look at it yet.

czarnyrobert
08-01-2005, 11:04 AM
Vue approach for plant creation is a little bit similar to one used in ONYX - you can't create a new plant from scratch, instead you use existing plants models and modify them.

This is much easier and quicker. In fact creation of new plants from scratch is relatively difficult task (even in X-frog) so it is much better to base on something already done and just adopt it for your needs.

Onyx actually offers just 5 basic plant models (flower, palm, bamboo, broad leaf, conifer) that you can customise. In case of Vue you get much more basic plants models.

Dale B
08-01-2005, 12:14 PM
The Botanica module is the plant editor you find In Vue4Pro and Vue Infinite. All 4 of the add-ons for Vue 5 are like that. The other modules simply add the lighting controls and world browser of the higher end apps to the basic one.

CGTalk Moderation
08-01-2005, 12:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.