PDA

View Full Version : Vue 5 Inifinate and XSI 4.2 Sync Problem

JakalDesign
07-23-2005, 04:42 PM
Is anybody able to get the sync plugin to work with XSI 4.2? I animated my camera pass and used the VueSynch plugin to export the animation. Vue said that there was new sync data and I opened it inside vue... but nothing transfered.

Any suggestions? I am still waiting for E-On Software to reply to this problem.

MANorth
07-25-2005, 01:18 AM
Same problem here. I have never been able to get any light information to transfer from XSI to Vue, though I have had limited success with cameras. It does seem to work a little better if you only have one camera in your XSI scene. But generallly speaking, it seems the synch plug-in simply doesn't work.

Mike.H
07-25-2005, 01:25 AM
i dont know of anyone using xsi and v5I besides the two of you :) so im sorry cant help there, but iŽll check with a few other and see if someone knows anything.

JakalDesign
07-25-2005, 08:50 PM
I have seemed to pass over the page that said you have to set the camera and lights to a syncronized motion type before it will take the sync info. Everything worked after I did that.

MANorth
07-26-2005, 12:46 AM
I must admit I thought that extra step was for other "objects" and not the camera and lights, which are supposed to synch automatically. But even if I try that, I get garbage. The camera does move, but it comes in facing the wrong way, and the sun ends up underground. I swear I got a camera to synch once, including focal length and animation, but I haven't been able to duplicate this or figure out how I did it. I also suspect that the way Vue handles the sun makes it hard to synchronize with lights mimicking the sun in other applications.

kimaldis
09-23-2005, 08:36 PM
I've a question regarding synch of camera between xsi and Vue.
It doesn't seem to be able to deal with the idea that we may have several shots to do. In that, you just synch and there's no name or anything for the synch data. What happens if I have, say, 5 shots to work on and I want to synch a different camera in each one?

CGTalk Moderation
09-23-2005, 08:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.