PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] Cast for a short.

Roman
02-20-2002, 01:48 PM
Hello. I'm posting 3 charakter models I did last weekend. They are meant for a short animation I'm doing for school. I'm doing charakter design and modeling. Just doing this 3d thing since the beginning of this year (about a month an a half), so it's new to me.
The project has to be done within 8 weeks, of wich 2 weeks we have planned for modeling. So 2 weeks in wich I have to model about 8 different characters and about 10 randoms, quite alot since I have other things to do also. Well that's also the reason why I chose for this "modeling style". I was hoping to get some feedback on it. The middle one is the "Lead Character", Olle Pelle.
Texturing of the clothing will be done after I finished all my models. And if time is left, maybe the facial texture will get some more detail (though I like this clean style).

Roman
02-20-2002, 05:15 PM
bump.

Is it so bad? Please tell.
About 70 views but not even1 reply?

Hope to get feedback though (how bad it may be).
I'll try to post some close up's this evening. (maybe that helps..)

chrislomaka
02-20-2002, 06:11 PM
i think they look pretty good, especially considering deadlines and such...

my main comment is that you loose a lot of depth in the clothing. it could just be the lighting, or that there isn't any texture on it, but the blue is nearly a solid shade... looks almost like a cut-out. should be fairly easy to fix w. some texture and a careful eye on the lighting.

also the shadowing on the eyes of the main character seems to be a bit much. he looks a bit morose...

otherwise, good characters. the style reminds me a bit if the old, claymation christmas specials... :) good job so far.

Roman
02-20-2002, 06:43 PM
Indeed specialy with the first character the clothing turns out quite flat. I suppose it has something to do with the soft GI brazil I render I used, And the fact I set up no lights, just turned on the skylight. Also texturing should help I hope, and seeing it move within a space (animation). About the Eyeshading of Olle Pelle, I suppose that is a character feature, I don't know if it works. also like he way the blue eye's come out because of that, but i have more cmments about it. I'll do some texture changes and see how that turns out.

Roman
02-21-2002, 12:43 AM
+90 views and still just 1 reply?
I don't get it. :)

AJ
02-21-2002, 04:33 AM
Neither do I...

Very nice work!

Specially the guys face in the middle - v.cool

Looking forward to more!

urgaffel
02-21-2002, 06:28 AM
Real nice clean style you've got going. I think you should stick to it. It will also save you time ;)

Keep us posted

PedramK
02-21-2002, 07:17 AM
Hey looking good Roman.
The reason why ppl wont reply is probably because
there aint much to say about them. :)

Roman
02-24-2002, 12:38 AM
Here are some characters I did today. To start with. the fisherman. Second, the farmer (dutch style). And as last the lesbian twin sister. (her sister in purple, so this is just a modification). All these characters are supposed be living on a very small planet, the size of a small town. Anyways, we are going to start animating this week, so I still have to produce about 3 main characters, and 10+ (?) randoms. So I'll get back to it.

(Btw, the server on wich the above pictures are stored is down for this weekend, sorry for that.)

M'ryn
02-24-2002, 02:01 AM
Ziet er goed uit Roman, vooral over de visser ben ik wel te spreken.

chrislomaka
02-25-2002, 06:22 PM
i like the gut in the blue. especially chewing on the blade of grass. he might need a slight indent at the top of his nose, but otherwise, it's looking good.

Grayson
02-25-2002, 07:51 PM
Fun characters! The guys are good....but...the lady.....she looks a little manly. :D Maybe it's the strong chin, or the massive eyebrows, but you might want to play with that a little. :)

Good work though.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.