PDA

View Full Version : Paste Mirrored

lednuzb
07-22-2005, 04:57 PM
Maybe this question has already been answered, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Is there a way in Maya, when animating, to copy all keys at a given frame and then paste them at another frame? One step further... is there a way to copy all keys at a given frame, then paste the mirrored keys? Explanation: say you are animating a walk cycle, set the first pose, then want to mirror that pose at frame 12. I know I can copy the frames at 0 and paste them at frame 24 to complete my cycle, but I want a mirror of that at 12? Is that possible? I've been animating in Animation:Master for the past 4 years, and trying to animate in Maya is like trying to shove a toothpick through my cornea. (Start to animate...No! It's just too painful!!...quit.)

Thanks for the help.

cavetroll
07-22-2005, 06:34 PM
you can copy all keys to a different frame in maya in two ways.
first:
select your controls, shuttle to the frame where your source key is. then shuttle to the frame where you want the copies to be by using the MIDDLE mouseButton.
saveKeys on your controls.
second:
select all the keys you want to copy in the graphEditor, do an Edit-->Copy, go to the frame where you would like your copies to be and do an Edit-->Paste.

there is no easy way to mirror your poses in the graphEditor. I would suggest to do it manually either by adjusting your controlObjects or by manually changing the values in the graphEditor.
cheers.

lednuzb
07-23-2005, 03:57 AM
Thanks a lot. That helps a bit. Man, I wish Alias would pull their heads out and make animation more animator-friendly. After working in Animation:Master for a long time, animating in Maya is as easy as swimming with a concrete block tied to your waist. Again, thanks for your help.

bugo
07-23-2005, 10:04 AM
yeah shure, animation:master do what the name says...
but you know, get training in maya and you will like all the stuff is there, try to make character sets and use the trax for an easy way to go...

CGTalk Moderation
07-23-2005, 10:04 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.