PDA

View Full Version : [Character]Native Jungle Warrior

xno
07-22-2005, 02:06 PM
While working on the Nazgul tetxure I started another model.
688 Tris by now.
I need crits on the anatomy and meshflow please. The lower legs aren't finished yet, maybe I make the foot a bit denser.
http://roawr.com/05/native01.jpg

Hettinger
07-22-2005, 02:21 PM
Wow I love it. Super clean. No crits here, can't wait to see it finished though.

RO
07-22-2005, 02:40 PM
I like the legs. I wonder what the head will look like it. Great start so far I can not say if the deformations will be right since I am not too experianced with cha modeling but it looks good to me.

Is-boset
07-22-2005, 02:42 PM
Looks good, just one question, i can see quads and trigons, on your model, doesn't better just use more quads to optimize the mesh?, for example in the abdomen replace the tri polygons for quads?

Por@szek
07-22-2005, 02:49 PM
Model looks cool, I love the proportions, I;m also curous how the head will look like.

Is-boset - it doesn't matter, its only you estetic taste. In an engine all quads will be translated and changed to tris. Engine calculate the vertex not polies. Quads are important when You are using mesh smooth or something.

If I'm wrong, correct me.

bye

xno
07-22-2005, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the replies! The head is nearly finished I'll hopefully have time to complete it tomorrow.
@Is-boset (member.php?u=16201)
Basically any realtime engine will tri strip your model so any quads will be converted. The second reason is that a quad is not defined wether it is convex or concave i.e. a quad can be either |/| or |\| while mostly one of tose is convex and one is concave. Sometimes you want it convex, sometimes you want it concave ;). For Sub-d models you should keep quads, that's right.

veteehrri
07-22-2005, 06:07 PM
nice model, i like the legs too, i just don't know abou the knee... i think it need one more edge for best deformation.

CGTalk Moderation
07-22-2005, 06:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.