PDA

View Full Version : Transparent rendering

vikigrafx
07-22-2005, 11:31 AM
Hi
Thanks for reading this.
I have to render some objects (clouds, meshes...etc) in 3dsmax which has animation. but what i want is except the objects part the remaing part( that means background) of the image sequence or animation should be transparent. By that i can use this sequence to compose with another animation sequence using any video editing or compositing package.

If i use the background either blue, green matte some of the detailness i am losing and that looks ugly. For example for clouds the edges will be feather out to transparency, in that scenario if use blue matte and removed in editing packages the edges are looking very ugly.

thats why i want my output transparent excepts the object area by that i can use them any ware easily.

So, i would lkie to know how to do this or any other way i can acheive this. I wil be thank ful if somebody helps me.

Thanks in advance.

Hettinger
07-22-2005, 02:24 PM
What are you using to composit it? If you render with a black background, in after effects (and FCP as well I think) you just use "premultiplied with black" for your footage interpretation. If you don't know where to find the setting just check the help files.

CGTalk Moderation
07-22-2005, 02:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.