PDA

View Full Version : rotating around one pivot

puresugar
07-22-2005, 03:14 AM
Hey guys,

anyone seen a script or tool, that allows you to rotate several objects around just one pivot point? (like the "Rotate Around" option in Motionbuilder)

That would be really handy.

Thanks

bugo
07-22-2005, 06:51 AM
didnt understood your question, do you want to rotate all the objects from one pivot point?

Try to group all the objects and from the group translating the pivot and here you go... rotatin all the objects from one pivot point. :scream:

puresugar
07-26-2005, 05:31 AM
nao entendo nada

I am looking for a way to rotate a random number of objects around just one point without having to group it.

For Example. I wanna be able to grab my 4 legs and the hip and rote all of them around one point. . . .While I am animating

Nobody seen anything to do that.

M.E.L.
07-26-2005, 06:31 AM
so snap all your rotate pivots to one centre area and do it that way :)

insert -> snap pivots together -> rotate away!

puresugar
07-28-2005, 02:37 AM
that will screw my whole animation, thanks.

Okay maybe I have to explain myself a little better.
There is a tool in (kaydara) Motionbuilder. Called "Rotate Around". How it works is: you select a bunch of objects, and hit "rotate around". This will rotate everything around the last selected object. You can keep animating and rotate your character around his left foot on frame 3 around is shoulder at frame 12 around his front paw at frame 21 and so on.

Its not a simple thing to do in Maya, but its very powerful for animating in Motionbuilder.

So I was wondering, if someone wrote a tool that does the same or a similar thing as the "Rotate Around"

...and please dont give me any grouping and change-your-pivot-point-by-hitting-the-insert-key-answers.

Thaks a lot

nottoshabi
07-28-2005, 07:39 PM
You can use a parent coinstrain and animate the coinstrain influence. But I don't recomend it cause it can get complicated. So to answer your question no you can't rotate aorund another object with out cating complicated. Not that I know of anyway.

CGTalk Moderation
07-28-2005, 07:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.