PDA

View Full Version : Water Lume test

Bruno Avellar
07-22-2005, 01:07 AM
hi folks, I'm here to show a test I made with MR Water Lume, and ask some questions about it.

I made this scene using two boxes, and a water lume. It is iluminated by a mr spot, and a skylight. I used a gradient background. I use 3dsmax7.

I also used caustics with a very high value, to be clearly shown.

-the renders at 800x600 took aproximately 8 minutes.

I'm having some problems related to the water transparency: This water looks nice to a crystal calm water, in caribean, but It doesn't work for an deep ocean water. What can I do to increase its "fog", to make more difficult to see things that are far?

thanks

bindyeye
07-22-2005, 03:44 AM
Looks alot like Jeffs MR test that he's posted on his site...
Maybe post the file so we can check out your settings?

feldy
07-22-2005, 05:38 PM
looks just like jeffs with out the beach

Bruno Avellar
07-22-2005, 08:02 PM
youre right, I based this scene in Jeffs posts in MR Shader topic.

How can I upload this file, to make possible for you to download it?

thanks

bindyeye
07-23-2005, 03:30 PM
You'll have to host the file, then link the url in your post.
If you don't have a host, just check google for a free uploader.

Bruno Avellar
07-23-2005, 03:47 PM
http://www.savefile.com/files/7781248

:). hope you like it!

sampson
08-05-2005, 05:11 PM
to get the deep ocean look you need to put the submerge shader in the mr volume slot...

here's a tutorial i was doing the other day that covered it.

http://tutorials.jeroenstout.net/water.htm

hope it helps.

Bruno Avellar
08-09-2005, 01:19 AM
thanks for the tutorial, really handy. I'll post my results soon :)

Werewolf006
08-09-2005, 06:16 PM
Yeah nice Tutorial.....

Thael
09-08-2005, 02:18 PM
can anyone tell me what sort of shader network i need to set up for a river? or is it the same / similar to the network (blah, maya speak) samson described in his tutorial, just with different values? just a rough guide to shaders and connections would be nice, i can mess about with the values on my own i think :) i'm pretty new to max and MR... well, new to doing things at these sort of standards anyway, hence why i'm asking all the noob questions. thanks for the tute samson, its great.

sampson
09-09-2005, 10:37 AM
i think i may have confused... the tutorial was made by Jeroen Stout so i can't take credit for it. It just happened to be one i'd done & seemed relevant.

..thael you should be able to implement elements of the tutorial to create a river, just muck about with settings & scale.

cheers,

C.

CGTalk Moderation
09-09-2005, 10:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.