PDA

View Full Version : Looks like FPrime will work with G2 really soon!

JMarc
07-21-2005, 06:34 PM
Translated from Worley's Japanese page:

-----------------------------------------------------
And, soon, the strongest tool is born!

- Interactive as for the FPrime which is the rendering system (http://216.239.39.104/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&langpair=ja%7Cen&u=http://www.worley.com/japanese/FPrimeTop.htm&prev=/language_tools)
Finally it connects with the G2 which is the lighting ・ shading * (http://216.239.39.104/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&langpair=ja%7Cen&u=http://www.worley.com/japanese/G2/G2_main.html&prev=/language_tools)surfacing system -

*** Celebration Sale Coming Soon ***
Celebrating the in tungsten inert gas rate of the FPrime and the G2, it does special sale.
Just please wait just the order of the G2, a little.
Next week, just 3 days is cheap,!
As for these 3 days not to overlook no matter what.
-----------------------------------------------------

Here's the link so you can see for yourself (it will need some translation to English usless you read Japanese):

http://www.worley.com/japanese/japanese.html

Jean Marc Rodrigue

Cman
07-21-2005, 06:54 PM
So FPrime will probably work with Shaders?
Or could it be a home-grown solution, meaning they work together, but not through LW, so Shaders are still not usable with FPrime?

JMarc
07-21-2005, 06:55 PM
So FPrime will probably work with Shaders?
Or could it be a home-grown solution, meaning they work together, but not through LW, so Shaders are still not usable with FPrime?

Lets hope and pray that it is the former not the latter.

Jean Marc Rodrigue

mav3rick
07-21-2005, 07:27 PM
exciting... gonna buy g2 than:)

monovich
07-21-2005, 08:12 PM
this news makes me all warm and glowy!

ArneK
07-22-2005, 04:31 AM
Let's also hope Sasquatch will be supported soon, so you actually can render a character with both SSS and hair without splitting up the renders. Then I'd be VERY happy :)

Panikos
07-22-2005, 05:55 AM
I am not surprised. At the first release of FPrime 1.0, Worley wrote that he would hardwire FPrime with G2 and after the release of FPrime 1.5 and the popular request, he decided to link them.

As far as Sasquatch, hmmm, that would be fantastic even though some things have priority
(Volumetric Lights, Shaders, LensFlare, Volumetrics) etc

Good thing, Worley doesnt sit idle :bounce:

Megalodon
07-22-2005, 08:08 AM
Good thing, Worley doesnt sit idle :bounce:

He doesn't know how! :)

INFINITE
07-22-2005, 11:56 AM
Sounds interesting but take it with a pinch of salt guys.

Zarathustra
07-22-2005, 02:32 PM
I have thought that Worley hasn't created his own workaround to have his plugs talk to one another because he felt the SDK would be open in the near future, eliminating the need.

Negative theory: If in fact he has gone forward with his own workaround, then that sounds like he doesn't feel the SDK will be open soon enough and he has to take matters into his own hands.

Positive theory: NT will announce that the SDK is open and Worley is readying updates to take advantage of that new environment which would allow his plugs talking to one another as well as all the other goodies they can't at the moment.

Lukewarm theory: Worley is just another company caught in the "employee discount" marketing craze that's going on right now and he's gonna have a sale.

Officer Barbrady theory: Nothings going on. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Chaz
07-22-2005, 03:33 PM
The SDK documentation for the 8.3 release includes the ability to evaluate Volumetrics and Hypervoxels, so keep your fingers crossed that we get those features in a new Fprime update!

Aegis Prime
07-22-2005, 04:09 PM
The SDK documentation for the 8.3 release includes the ability to evaluate Volumetrics and Hypervoxels, so keep your fingers crossed that we get those features in a new Fprime update!

It's already been discussed at length that these changes to the SDK do not allow plugins such as FPrime the data it needs to recreate HyperVoxels and Volumetrics in its renderer so I wouldn't hold your breath.

As far as G2 goes, my money's on Steve implementing his own "brute force" method for getting G2 and FPrime to play together (otherwise one presumes there would have been some mention of shaders in general working with FPrime) - apparently he suggested this would be possible some time ago so I guess he got fed up waiting for NewTek to open up the SDK. Either way it's good news but more SDK functionality would have been better news...

Exper
07-22-2005, 04:12 PM
Oppps... Aegis is faster than me! ;)

Aegis Prime
07-22-2005, 04:13 PM
Gee... that doesn't happen very often - I'm usually the last one to post :D

Exper
07-22-2005, 04:17 PM
... better than nothing ... :eek:

Zarathustra
07-22-2005, 04:31 PM
The "brute force" route is a bummer if that's what's gonna happen.
1) A lot of work for something that eventually (who knows when?) won't be needed
2) The eventual bugs that arise in the brute force workaround will make users pissed and angry at Worley instead of who really deserves it - NT.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. That's where I think Worley stands right now.

monovich
07-22-2005, 05:38 PM
siggraph is coming, it would be nice if Newtek revealed that they had fixed the SDK, and then they trumpeted out Worley who says "see, and here's proof!"

It would be a 1-2 punch.

geez... I'm caught in the speculation excitement...

Aegis Prime
07-22-2005, 07:32 PM
The eventual bugs that arise in the brute force workaround will make users pissed and angry at Worley instead of who really deserves it - NT.

Now THAT I can't see happening - Worley's plugins are usually bullet-proof - if at some point in the future NewTek makes it possible through the SDK (assuming they haven't already) I'm sure Steve will release an updated FPrime and G2 to take advantage of that - I'd put money on that too :D

Dragon_Lee
07-22-2005, 09:09 PM
Why do I seem to read something else in the Worley statement?

To me it looks more that G2 will get an extra internal channel that pipes surface/lighting info directly to Fprime, so that Fprime can take advantage of it...

I do not see this as a "brute force" or aggressive way to force the code to allow (all) other shaders to work with Fprime...

Just more a nice solution that brings yet some more relief and functionality to Fprime users...

I don't think it has anything fundamental to do with a new LW SDK yet.

Aegis Prime
07-22-2005, 09:52 PM
I do not see this as a "brute force" or aggressive way to force the code to allow (all) other shaders to work with Fprime...

I'd seriously doubt that other shaders will be available if Worley's hardwired FPrime to communicate with G2 (shader plugins aren't "live" in G2's previews either). I suspect it simply means that he's got a way to get G2 to talk to FPrime by circumventing the limitations of the SDK. He is a genius though so who knows? :)

Whatever the solution, both G2 and FPrime will suddenly become even more useful to me so it's all good - what would be really cool is if FPrime replaces the G2 previews completely so you get all the channel buttons/lighting groups on the FPrime window... mmm... :drool:

And while we're on the subject, you should be able to hit FPrime's "pause" button and allow FPrime to update the same way G2 does ('cause it could be quicker than FPrime's renderer on large scenes). Yummy!

INFINITE
07-23-2005, 01:42 PM
All sounds really exciting, I luuurve FPRIME and hope some new toys are available soon! one huge thing on my upcoming christmas list is FPRIME ( rendering ) style surface baking !!! this could be huuuuuge!!

Chaz
07-28-2005, 06:17 AM
It's already been discussed at length that these changes to the SDK do not allow plugins such as FPrime the data it needs to recreate HyperVoxels and Volumetrics in its renderer so I wouldn't hold your breath.

Oh really? :)

CGTalk Moderation
07-28-2005, 06:17 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.