PDA

View Full Version : cMuscleSystem and Fantastic Four article online

michaelcomet
07-21-2005, 06:09 AM
I just wanted to say I have started (slowly still growing) the Clients page on my website, and there is now a link to an Interview with Tim Coleman, Rigging Supervisor at Giant Killer Robots, talking about how cMuscleSystem was used for the feature film, "Fantastic Four".

The link to the interview is:
http://www.cometdigital.com/GKR_F4_interview.html

-comet

kiaran
07-21-2005, 08:02 AM
Nice interview. :)

That's a cool technique. Using a muscle system to generate PSD shapes. Sounds like he got the best of both worlds. Muscle driven deformation at PSD speeds. Your tools are amazing!

sporadic
07-21-2005, 03:26 PM
Extremely cool article. Especially since I'd hit on the very same system for my current rig. I've been using the MuscleTK plugin, and used it as a base, then used the Pose Deformer to clean up deformations that just didn't look right. Initially, I was using the PD on top of the muscles to deal with a few bad deformation issues, but eventually I just created a quick set of exercises for the muscle rig to do, grabbed them as pose shapes, and dropped it onto the PD, mainly for animation speed and controlability.

Works great. Wish I could try your muscle system, but I just can't afford it yet. :/

CGTalk Moderation
07-21-2005, 03:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.