PDA

View Full Version : ImageReady

Xilica
10-27-2002, 08:18 PM
I rendered out my animation as a .mov...

I open it up in ImageReady and it gives me all my frames

now when I play it as a gif it is way slower and not as smooth as it was as a .mov..

I change all my Frames to No Delay and yet it still is slow

how do I get my animation gif slower? someone said change the frame rate or something..where?

Thanks.

Per-Anders
10-28-2002, 12:49 AM
you have to select all your frames from the Animation window, and at the bottom of the frames you can set the delay between the frames, probably no delay. but why a gif? it's not the most compressed movie format... and you can use ordinary quicktime movies in a website, and hide their control bar + make them loop.

Xilica
10-28-2002, 01:03 AM
I'm using it for a forum i want to make... for the New Posts I want to have a 3d gif playing.

eudemonie
10-28-2002, 03:05 AM
how many frames does your *.mov have and how many your exported *.gif animation.?

if your gif ani is 15 frames/s reduce your *.mov to the same frame rate and import it again ...

Xilica
10-28-2002, 03:23 AM
i have 120 frames in my .gif

what is wrong here?

should i delete every 3 frames? so that it appears faster to the human eye?

eudemonie
10-28-2002, 10:45 AM
no, i was talking about the frame rate per second! how many frames/s is your mov and how many your gif. both frame rates have to match.

for example:

you have a 25 fps mov file and import it into IR
in IR you export to a gif with 15 fps. the problem is that there is a difference of 10 fps.

you have 2 possibilities:

- export the gif at a frame rate of 25 fps // for use in the internet not realy the best way!

- import the mov in a video application and export it @15 fps //of course you could also manually delete frames

eudemonie

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.