PDA

View Full Version : d'artiste: Digital Painting also for newbies ?

CalvinChoy
07-20-2005, 06:57 PM
Hi all,

Im new on this forum ( nice to meet ya all ) and I am really intrested in digital painting, Im getting my intuous 3 tablet very soon. Lately I've been browsing the forums a lot to get me started with drawing, I know almost nothing about drawing/painting techniques human anatomy and stuff . . when i was browsing i saw that the loomis books are very good to learn drawing so i started reading those already.

I also saw the recommendation for digital painting is the book: d'artiste Digital painting, I wanted to ask you guys/gals if it is worth to get the book even im sucha newbie in this . . or is it better to start with other materials, if so what is also good to read except for the loomis books ? and recommendation books for new digital/painting and drawing ?

I know the best way to learn is to take courses for drawing and stuff, but i really dont have time to take courses for that :( only got a couple hours to do some graphics after college and work heh.

thnx in advance

CGmonkey
07-20-2005, 07:37 PM
Well you won't learn how to draw by reading books, you learn by doing.. failing and failing untill you succeed. What D'artiste offer is a way to give the reader an insight how talented artists work, how they go about doing a picture. It also showcases different artwork from other artists serving as a great inspiration source. I recommend it with all my heart even though you're new to digital art. :)

Hey Welcome by the way! :thumbsup: Hope you'll enjoy your stay!

CalvinChoy
07-20-2005, 08:28 PM
Thnx for the fast reply :) I will try to get the book, also looking at vilppu's website, the dvd's seems very intresting.

CGTalk Moderation
07-20-2005, 08:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.