PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs a hand.

NY3D
10-27-2002, 05:57 PM
I am having a problem with scaling my map textures. Everything seems so big...Let me explain; I have a plane primitive that I have named "ground" ,this is where pebbles and little rocks are gonna be mapped with a .jpeg file. When I render they appear as big boulders.Am I making the plane primitive too small? I also encounter this when using the "water surfaces " included with the program. the waves seem to big and close. How can I fix this?:hmm: thanx in advance guys.

Ed Bittner
10-27-2002, 06:27 PM
Try automatic sizing, if that's not right, I always look at my grid size. Go from there.
Ed

yon dabuda
10-27-2002, 07:54 PM
check the size of your geometry(cntrl+q,click drag) in modeler, and check the size of your textures in surface editor. that should determin the scale. if your geometry is ok and youre using non tileing image maps, you can use auto scale in surface editor or you can use "texture guide" for more interactive play in the viewport. if your texture is tiled, well make sure they're the size you want them. if your textures are prodedural then make sure that is also at the scale, and its good to set the default sample(surface editor -> options) size to something you can work with.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.