PDA

View Full Version : Transparncy and glass

mayaq8i
07-20-2005, 11:06 AM
Dears Alll:
I'm traing to do some job to my boss, in this job I have logo with Glass texture and you can see through it the background,,, I tried many times aba I failed to finish it...

I don't know how to post the sence, neither the objct into the forum.

Best Regards,

assistant pimp
07-20-2005, 05:57 PM
can you post a sample render? It could be something simple as surface editor adjustment on down to a render setting. Could be a scene setup mishap. Could be a few things so you have to help us help you...cheers.

blaqDeaph
07-21-2005, 12:41 AM
Isnt the point of rendering glass to see through the background?

Not sure what exactly you're talking about until you post a picture, but you can try either: Turning Ray Trace Transparency on the Render Settings, or fiddling with the transparency settings in the texture editor.

gerardo
07-21-2005, 02:46 AM
Also check that you aren't using background image in compositing panel; this tool works like a 2D compositing software so you won't see anything behind any transparent object. Use Imageworld, Textured Environment or a flat plane as background instead.

Gerardo

mayaq8i
07-21-2005, 09:18 AM
Dears alll:
Many thanks to you all, I did all what you say , ba I didn't get what I need,,,

The imortant thing that NoBody answer the second Q:

How can I post the Picturre in the Forum,, or even the object neither the Sense???

Just to show you my job...

Best Regards,

LW lover

cyphyr
07-21-2005, 11:12 PM
Hi
To post a picture you need to place the image somewhere on the internet, your site maybe, and then click the picture icon in the button bar above the message composition window and enter the url of your image, http:\\www.yoursite.blah\image.jpg ...
cyphyr

mayaq8i
07-23-2005, 11:09 AM
Many Thanks to All:
I appreciated your guidness,,,,
This is what I came up with the Final Job,,,,
All of you are welcome to enhance and advise me to increase the best project in my file.

Best Regards,

Yours, mayaq8i :applause: http://mayaq8i.topcities.com/LeoaPIC.jpg

blaXX++
07-23-2005, 12:55 PM
did you do the thing where you copy and paste the object with flipped polys or did you just put a instance of refraction on the object>?

CGTalk Moderation
07-23-2005, 12:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.