PDA

View Full Version : Metalray rendering by 3DMAX

pcipei
07-20-2005, 04:30 AM
Hi all CGTALKer, I am here posting thread for the first time. I am self taught 3dmax user (from max tut, books, cgtalk, etc...) and now studying into lighting effect to exterior and interior architecture.
Lighting is, my view, most important to a building stand out like real. I am currently modelling a building, the CORE Center AIDS/HIV Clinic by Perkins and Will Architect. Based on the photo and plan in their book. so, I myself can see the less accurancy of the finish model. (I hope i can post my rendered scene.)
Now, my problem with the lighting is, Less contrast edge of the roof profile and less transparency of glass window. (Shape roof to make the profile stand out and Transparency enhance the interplay of solid and void)
I am using IES SUN as the main source, secondary light source come from 15 Omni behind glass window, both raced shodow on and Automatically Calculate Energy and Photons, on.
MetalRay renderer with Caustics Enable to achieve reflective effect from glass to wall.
Just cant get the ideal result.
Any advices for me to imporved the output? :lightbulb :lightbulb :lightbulb ???
Thanks for viewing. :deal: Lighting :sad:

CGTalk Moderation
07-20-2005, 04:30 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.