PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer: Plugin for tabbed browsing?

alvin777
07-20-2005, 01:31 AM
Thank you for your time. Does anyone know a plugin for Internet Explorer to give it tabbed browsing? Firefox is great but 64-bit IE is standard, more compatible and a lil faster for the mean time.

God bless,
Alvin
http://www.applecatholic.com

nafa
07-20-2005, 03:07 AM
Its available as a feature of the MS Toolbar available from:

toolbar.msn.com

Note that it works only with newer OS like Win2000 and XP.

Beamtracer
07-20-2005, 03:48 AM
Firefox is great but 64-bit IE is standard,
Internet Explorer isn't any standard. It breaks standards.

lots
07-20-2005, 04:46 AM
Firefox is more standard than IE is (it reads HTML correctly for example...). Also, come IE7 you will have features such as tabbed browsing built in as well...

alvin777
07-20-2005, 11:52 PM
Thanks. Are there any other 64-bit browsers besides Internet Explorer 64-bit? When will Firefox be 64-bit?

lots, nice pix on your computer btw, hehe. Where'd you get those parts, wha'd you do for a living if I may ask?

God bless,
Alvin

lots
07-21-2005, 12:01 AM
Online mostly. A few from newegg a few from monarch.. I work as a comptuer repair/network admin at the university..

tibes
07-21-2005, 04:36 AM
Thanks. Are there any other 64-bit browsers besides Internet Explorer 64-bit? When will Firefox be 64-bit?

lots, nice pix on your computer btw, hehe. Where'd you get those parts, wha'd you do for a living if I may ask?

God bless,
Alvin

How much faster can 64 bit make a browser? Browser performance would be mainly limited by network bandwidth, the extra registers provided in 64 bit couldn't make that much difference for browsing, could they? I'd rather be security safe (and standard) with Firefox, than 0.005 of a second faster in IE.

How fast can you click the links on CG Talk anyhow? :D

lots
07-21-2005, 04:51 AM
I've noticed a speed difference between 64bit IE and 32bit IE (both come instaleld on X64, since windows update doesnt support 64bit IE yet :P), but I still stick with 32bit Firefox, why? Mainly because I like it over IE, and because it is fairly quick on its own..

If we base judgement on start up time though, 64bit IE starts up in a noticably shorter period of time than either firefox or 32bit ie. Havn't fiddled with 64bit Firefox, or even looked for it ;P

cpan
07-21-2005, 05:11 AM
iexplore is faster than firefox??? hows that?? my firefox goes a LOT faster than iexplore, about twice the speed... maybe because i have a 256kbits speed limit?

tibes
07-21-2005, 05:13 AM
If we base judgement on start up time though, 64bit IE starts up in a noticably shorter period of time than either firefox or 32bit ie. Havn't fiddled with 64bit Firefox, or even looked for it ;P

This isn't surprising, since IE is resident when you start Windows. Remember the whole netscape vs. microsoft thing? :)

Valkyrien
07-21-2005, 05:16 AM
Wow, I just opened my Firefox, and it took a whole two seconds to initialize! Unacceptable!!

MadMax
07-21-2005, 06:52 AM
Thank you for your time. Does anyone know a plugin for Internet Explorer to give it tabbed browsing? Firefox is great but 64-bit IE is standard, more compatible and a lil faster for the mean time.

God bless,
Alvin

Forget IE.

It is not the standard.

it is not faster.

It is not secure.

It is not more compatible.

Firefox works.

cpan
07-21-2005, 06:59 AM
Wow, I just opened my Firefox, and it took a whole two seconds to initialize! Unacceptable!!

that's the only thinggie that annoyes me from firefox... i'm waiting for the 64 bit one to see if they will fix this.

as for the security of internet explorer... what the f**k?? That IE shit has loads of settings for security and my computer was getting viruses, activex shits as hell with it... but not with firefox.

_nd1312_
07-21-2005, 10:21 AM
firefox currently is the best browser imo,
i doubt that the 64bit version is really that faster than fox.
and im even afraid if im behind a firewall and have to use IE to download firefox after i formatted my harddisk.

evanfotis
07-21-2005, 12:35 PM
Hi,
I've been using on one machine Firefox, and on another MAxthon or MyIE2.
It seems to me that Maxthon is way faster than firefox, doesnt crash that easily and hndles well flash objects etc.
It also has a cool feature that you assign shortcuts using mouse gestures etc.
I had tried an extension for firefox to customize shortucts but didnt seem to work for the ones I wanted, plus it was too technical for me to use...
So what's your thoughts on maxthon-apart from the :rolleyes: name?

Jonj1611
07-21-2005, 12:41 PM

God bless,
Alvin

Just wait, Microsoft is launching IE 7 in summer and that has tabbed browsing.

Jon

Rezonance
07-21-2005, 01:05 PM

God bless,
Alvin

Yep, the plugin is called Firefox.:p

Valkyrien
07-21-2005, 01:23 PM
that's the only thinggie that annoyes me from firefox... i'm waiting for the 64 bit one to see if they will fix this.

as for the security of internet explorer... what the f**k?? That IE shit has loads of settings for security and my computer was getting viruses, activex shits as hell with it... but not with firefox.

And that's why I don't care if it takes a whole 2 seconds to start, because it's superior in every other way...

lots
07-21-2005, 02:02 PM
iexplore is faster than firefox??? hows that?? my firefox goes a LOT faster than iexplore, about twice the speed... maybe because i have a 256kbits speed limit?
I never said that. I said the 64bit IE was faster than 32bit IE.

CGTalk Moderation
07-21-2005, 02:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.