PDA

View Full Version : problem with intuos3 mouse

switchstance
07-19-2005, 10:15 AM
i'm using a wacom intuos3 tablet (A4) on a windows XP system (SP2).
the drivers for the tablet were installed off the cd that came with the tablet.
everythings fine but i have one problem with the mouse:

when i rest it on the tablet the mouse cursor often (not always, but most of the time)
goes up and down approximately 1 pixel in ~half second intervals.
saying rest means i don't touch the mouse at all, i just let it lie on the tablet,
but it also happens (and that's the real problem) when i'm trying to pan in max (ALT + MMB)
at a very zoomed-in level, which makes the display go super-bouncy :argh:

any ideas what could cause this? - or should i just send it to the wacom tech support? :sad:

thanks in advance!

Cozmo
07-19-2005, 10:31 AM
I have exactly the same problem with my Graphire 2, although I haven't measured the interval for it doesn't appear to be cyclic , I guess that's the way wacom's stuff works :(

EscapeYourMind
07-19-2005, 04:44 PM
Ya, it could be a problem if your tablet is too close to your monitor. Pull the tablet away and see if you are still having the problem. Mostly this related to pen jitter where the cursor on the screen would bounce around very slightly and it was caused by the interference of the monitor. If that doesnt work contact wacom's tech support as they are very helpful

switchstance
07-19-2005, 06:45 PM
thanks for your suggestion eric!

moved the tablet away about one and a half meters, (which is too far away for me to work anyway) :)

seemed to get a bit less, but it was still there!
could it still be the interference from the monitor? :shrug:

EscapeYourMind
07-19-2005, 08:36 PM
It's hard to say.. i have 2 crt's and i have my tablet sitting right in front of them and it doesnt have a problem, though ussually when I'm working with it ill sit back in my chair. Search on wacom's european forums (for some reason they dont have US ones) but you may find other suggestions. If not, wacom's tech support will be able to help you. GL.

Khanh703
07-26-2005, 03:34 PM
Do you guys have a problem with your Intous3 tablet causing photoshop to lockup? I'm running windows xp with sp2 and photoshop 7. When it locks up, it says "Tablet driver not found". I'd reboot the system then loadup PS and it would lock up the app again after 15 mins working. I've downloaded most recent drivers for XP from wacom's site and still same problem. I'm thinking about installing windows 2k.

edit: just checked wacom... said you have to uninstall previous version of driver before installing the updated driver. I'll give this a try later tonight. But there "IS" a known issue with XP and SP2.

CGTalk Moderation
07-26-2005, 03:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.