PDA

View Full Version : pickwalk of my own

newRigger
07-19-2005, 12:25 AM
hi all im wondering if there is a script or something that can eather make me make hotkeys LIKE pickwalk keys up down left right, but will work on a ladder that i build my self

rather than going what i have up and down it in the hiarchy but go up and down a set hiarchy that i make in whatever order i want.. so if my harchy is all wierd (because of multiple controlls and skeletons and controllers etc.) if i pickwalk on the hand cntrol it goes somewhere other than the foarm controll wich goes somehwere else when i go back down..

does this make sence?

thanks so much for all the help everyone here is great!

john_homer
07-19-2005, 09:34 PM
you could just make a connection between objects in your "special hierarchy" with something liek the message attr to the isHistoricallyInteresting attr, then just write a script that looks for that connection and selects that object.
easy
.j

mental
07-20-2005, 12:19 AM
Try Jason Schleifer's jsPickWalk (http://jonhandhisdog.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=207) :)

newRigger
07-20-2005, 12:44 AM
great thanks!!

newRigger
07-20-2005, 12:53 AM
hi everyone i have another question, this time about the distance tool..

is there a way to change the hight in wich the arrows and distance # are being desplaed in relation of the locators it is measureing the distance bweteen?

curently the distance will measure and display like this:
<--------6.894834-------->
:
:
+
when what i want it to do is look like this:

+<-------6.894834------->

thanks so much! make sence? i only illustrated the locator on the left becuse i couldnt text out the whole image.. so u see how the locator is the + and the : are lines to the arows.. i want it to be at 0.0 hight from the 2 locators it is measureing

any idaes? thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
07-20-2005, 12:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.