PDA

View Full Version : Stubbs the Zombie-Cinema Trailer

michaeldaubert
07-18-2005, 08:46 PM
I wanted to share with all of you our latest video game cinema, Wideload's-STUBBS THE ZOMBIE! What an incredible game! You actually get to "BE THE ZOMBIE!" What is more fun then eating brains!
We have been working with Wideload for the last 9 months on environments and props. We even did the paintings for the official website, make sure you check it out!
http://stubbsthezombie.com/main.html (http://stubbsthezombie.com/main.html)

Our cinema team was brought on board in April to create the E3 trailer for Stubbs. Time frame was just under 5 weeks, with everything modeled from scratch, mocap, particles, and lip sync. Thanks to all the freelancers from the CgNetwork that stepped in to help us! We could not have done this without you!You guys rocked!

You can check out the trailer on our site,
http://www.theanimationfarm.com/ (http://www.theanimationfarm.com/)
or on Stubbs site,
http://stubbsthezombie.com/gallery.html (http://stubbsthezombie.com/gallery.html)

You can also check up on the latest news and events for Stubbs at Wideloads site.

http://wideload.com/home.html (http://wideload.com/home.html)

Enjoy!

http://www.theanimationfarm.com/download/Car_Shot_Print.jpg

robotinc
07-18-2005, 09:11 PM
you game looks awesome, but when i went to your site, the movie buttons didn't work

animateddave
07-18-2005, 09:16 PM
Man this looks great.

The trailer works for me. Theres also some gameplay videos in the gallery.

vfxcreator
07-18-2005, 09:23 PM
Hey robotinc,

thanks for checking it out! They seem to work ok for everyone here - what browser are you using? Are the links opening up a new page? If they are, can you tell me what URL it is trying to access?

Let me know and i'll see what i can do to fix it :)

Just to let everyone know as well... The video on the stubbsthezombie.com site is a smaller version, but has the gameplay footage in it towards the end. The video on our site (www.theanimationfarm.com (http://www.theanimationfarm.com)) has a large version (and small), but we did not include the gameplay at the end. The one on our site has a few tweaks that were done after the deadline as well, so it has some subtleties that make it a little better :)

Thanks,
josh

Mister_Ninja
07-18-2005, 09:31 PM
lol.

good job.

DropKickMcKenney
07-18-2005, 09:57 PM
That rocked!
Nice work guys. Animation, Lighting, Models and Particles all looked really polished.

t-toe
07-18-2005, 10:22 PM
ahhh, so pleasantly twisted.

ChrisMann
07-18-2005, 10:27 PM
Awesome looking game and trailer.

Beautiful character animation in the trailer, especially in the beginning when the two amorous teens are ‘bopin’ to the music. Nice pace and overall visual style, with professional execution. Time having permitted of course, the effects such as the explosion and cloth shaders could have been worked on a little more. But seriously good work, five weeks or otherwise.

The game itself looks great as well. Props to everybody involved.

rwijaya
07-18-2005, 11:33 PM
any mocap data used in the animation ?

Grugi
07-18-2005, 11:55 PM
Hey Michael, how are you?

Awesome trailer.
The game looks good too. Great work!

Joss
07-19-2005, 12:28 AM
Hah! I busted a rib laughing at that one!

Great idea for a game... the reversal role thing works for me!

Love the explosive organ!

MisterE
07-19-2005, 04:41 AM
Hilarious stuff! Excellent concept that, judging from the trailer, looks to have been equally executed (pun intended!)!! LOL, I laughed out loud at the part where it said "Convert Humans into Zombie Allies" and the zombie dude got up and yelled "Braaaaains!" :scream:

vfxcreator
07-19-2005, 02:23 PM
Yup, it was a mix of mocap and hand keyed animation.

Thanks for the comments everyone :)

here's another still... one of my pride and joy shots with some judy brain hanging out of stubbs' mouth :)

http://www.cgtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=76049&stc=1

michaeldaubert
07-19-2005, 02:51 PM
Hey Michael, how are you?

Awesome trailer.
The game looks good too. Great work!-Grugi

HeyManuel,

Thanx man, we are very happy the way it turned out, with the short deadline. The main thing we focused on was the facial animation. Anyone can use mocap for cinemas, but getting past the "dead look" on the character faces is what we strive for.

Oh, and watch for the small details...like the color draining out of the girls face when she gets her head chomped! You can tell the guys loved working on this project!

Thanx again to all the great comments!

og_reborn
07-19-2005, 03:24 PM
I have to agree...the facial animation when they're bopping to the music is top notch....The look on the girl's face is priceless....poor thing.

Lunatique
07-20-2005, 08:50 AM
That was one of the better made game intros I've seen in a while. Today's game intros are all flash and no substance--this one at least was fun and had personality.

shy-guy
07-22-2005, 06:44 AM
woa! really funny intro!! at last a zombie with some personality!!! this seems like its gonna be great fun :thumbsup: ( i cant get tired of see him dance with the music :D )

Jeepy
07-22-2005, 12:55 PM
We all laught like maniacs at the studio... that's way too cool. Can't wait to try it out!

Cheers!

misu
07-25-2005, 09:19 PM
great job you've done at theanimationfarm ;)
I really like the animation and I'm impressed by facial animation you've done .. very impressive ;)
And hey .. the girl is .. sweeeet :D

victor throe
07-26-2005, 10:08 AM
i dont often giggle like a girl

nice stuff

vfxcreator
07-27-2005, 12:38 AM
Thanks for all the nice comments everyone, glad to see that it's being received well! I can't wait to do some more zombie-tastic stuff :)

Toxic Frog
07-27-2005, 01:29 AM
Another fine piece of work from the Farm! Top notch stuff!

Congrats, fellas!!!

-TZ

Ac0rN
07-27-2005, 01:55 AM
hahahaha :scream: , Hilarious :applause:

the zombie is soo funny !!

there are some particales that could use more work... for example when the zombie throws his heart (organ?), that green smoke is moving strangely, nothing too bad about the trailer but something I just reacted on, but other than that... great work :thumbsup:

erilaz
07-27-2005, 02:26 AM
So much over the top gore! I love. :D

DeadBoy
07-27-2005, 02:33 AM
So let me get this straight...

I get to eat brains, throw explosive kidneys, possess people, and spray blood everywhere like a Horror-Genre GTA???

Dude, you've already got my $49.99. Top notch presentation. Pat yourself on the back and treat yourself to a coke and a smile.

DB:twisted:

SkyZero
07-27-2005, 03:33 AM
Game trailer was great. I loved the zombie's attitude towards everything. Very cool stuff! :thumbsup:

Charkins
07-27-2005, 03:38 AM
That looks like a cool concept for a game.

The cinematic was fun to watch. I really got a kick out of the character anim, was that all keyframed? It looks alittle too good to be all keyframed!

Saikin
07-27-2005, 03:58 AM
Hilarious. looks very good. Can't wait til you release it.

onlooker
07-27-2005, 05:25 AM
That was one of the better made game intros I've seen in a while. Today's game intros are all flash and no substance--this one at least was fun and had personality.

Lunatique said it for me. Looks great. I thought it was brilliant. :thumbsup:

lukx
07-27-2005, 07:15 AM
I didn't play any game in a long time but this one I will !!!

tinitus
07-27-2005, 07:33 AM
yeh!thats fun!!!:thumbsup:

berniebernie
07-27-2005, 07:46 AM
Loved the music and humor, and the abundant particle fx (the blood gushing from people's heads)

CosmicBear
07-27-2005, 07:46 AM
that was sooooo brilliant! :bounce:
i so need to get my xbox chipped. i haven't seen this game scheduled for a european release.

Anthonie
07-27-2005, 08:47 AM
omg haha well that was a fun movietrailer. I Liked it alot becoz of the gentleness of the movie but then also the crudeness of it .

Also the 1950's atmosphere was really good and with that song on the background makes the whole 50's thing more special

With other word's I love it :applause:

Anthonie
07-27-2005, 08:51 AM
Very nice job you done there.
I like it becoz of its gentleness but also of it's crudeness
furthermore the 50's atmosphere is great and with that background music
it makes the whole thing more alive

AKDesigns
07-27-2005, 11:49 AM
hahaha, that was brilliant... i thought it was gonna be rubbish like most game trailers these days.... so damn BORING, but that was spot on....

the key points u used for ur animation were execellent, even if the animation wasnt perfect, it still came across very well....

lolli pop lolli pop, oooo lolli pop, :scream:

Tilstrom
07-27-2005, 11:55 AM
great work to everyone involved, nice job. :)

AKDesigns
07-27-2005, 11:56 AM
and the way u guys have used the humour along with the 50's/60's music soundtrack is soo good.... i am actually very impressed... i play alot of games, and when i saw this on front page i thought it was gonna be poor.... i LOVE this :scream:

Slurry
07-27-2005, 12:28 PM
That was really well done. Congrats to whoever directed the trailer. Nailed it.
I really liked the smashed windshield when he runs over the boyfriend. Nice touch.
You all did an excellent job.

Art

NOOB!
07-27-2005, 12:35 PM
dahahaha i like the way the zombies mouth opens and closes during the bopping hehehehahaah.

great work!

Pogo
07-27-2005, 01:31 PM
Hilarious, i love it!
At the point when stubbs start to bop aswell and sings along happily is priceless.
I must play the full game :)

rquinn
07-27-2005, 01:49 PM
that was great
i love the zombie animation he really looks non caring
and the running in the end when the gu gets runned over

good stuff
top notch

FunkyCowie
07-27-2005, 02:11 PM
That was disgusting, sick, and hilariously funny all at once just right to hook your audience. Awesome job! well done :)

mireneye
07-27-2005, 02:21 PM
Haha, this lands in so perfectly with my style of humour in games. I love his character and I do agree thou, clothshader could've been done better. Overall it was hilrious and the most wortwhile trailer in a long time.

Cheers

Chris Bacon
07-27-2005, 02:22 PM
hehe.....that zombi...what a character...care free...and a music fan....

TwistedReality
07-27-2005, 02:22 PM
WOW now that was awsome, I cant wait til this comes out :D

Learn_w_Grafix
07-27-2005, 04:13 PM
With all due respect to the animation (well done!), doesn't there come a point where it's the right thing to do to say, "Sorry, but this is too grisly and too weird; we're just not going to do this"? I don't think passing the buck to the hiring company or the potential gamers/audience/whatever, etc. (i.e., saying, "that's what they want") really takes the responsibility off the artist or animation company.
(My opinion is that the animation is done well, but that you should have refused to do it. My opinion only . . .)

Geta-Ve
07-27-2005, 04:17 PM
Yup, it was a mix of mocap and hand keyed animation.

Thanks for the comments everyone :)

here's another still... one of my pride and joy shots with some judy brain hanging out of stubbs' mouth :)

http://www.cgtalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=76049&stc=1

Am I the only one that thinks that looks exactly like Michael Jackson from the Thriller video?

NOOB!
07-27-2005, 04:22 PM
only his eyes buldgin out make it look like MJ.

oh... and how the hell did he bite through her skull in one go? or are we not supposed to think about that..lol.

TwistedReality
07-27-2005, 05:42 PM
With all due respect to the animation (well done!), doesn't there come a point where it's the right thing to do to say, "Sorry, but this is too grisly and too weird; we're just not going to do this"? I don't think passing the buck to the hiring company or the potential gamers/audience/whatever, etc. (i.e., saying, "that's what they want") really takes the responsibility off the artist or animation company.
(My opinion is that the animation is done well, but that you should have refused to do it. My opinion only . . .)

oh you bitch and moan too much, there are freaks out there you just have to except it not try to change them :D I know, Im one :D:D:D

aRTCy
07-27-2005, 06:35 PM
oh you bitch and moan too much, there are freaks out there you just have to except it not try to change them :D I know, Im one :D:D:D

Oh, so the rest of us have to go along with you and say it ROCKS!!! It disturbs me that people find gore and blood so funny. Where's the line between video game play and real life? The kids at Columbine didn't know it.

Toxic Frog
07-27-2005, 06:51 PM
Oh, so the rest of us have to go along with you and say it ROCKS!!! It disturbs me that people find gore and blood so funny. Where's the line between video game play and real life?

I think that line begins somewhere close to 'walking dead that throws explosive organs'.

/threadjack

vfxcreator
07-27-2005, 06:52 PM

I don't think that even entered our minds. We love doing the kids stuff just as much as doing the violent video game stuff. Beside, who doesn't like a good old zombie? :) We were actually doing levels for the game before they came to us for the cinema, so we knew exactly what kind of character Stubbs' is, as well as the tongue-in-cheek humor in the game (as well as Wideload Games' style and humor). So don't take it as an all out gory deathfest, just know that it's a fun and humorous zombie game. :)

Think along the lines of an old horror flick... fun to watch, and even more fun to laugh at. It's not like you can be horrified at the game Destroy All Humans because its all about destroying... us. That's just silly - its a game. And if this game causes anyone to think they're a zombie and go around chomping heads, ripping their arm off and throwing it at people, and reaching into their guts to pull out a 'gut grenade', well... then they have some serious issues. :rolleyes:

And I agree, there were several things that could have used some improvement, but given the timeframe, I'm quite pleased with the end result. For those that missed one of my earlier replies, the version that is up on our website - www.theanimationfarm.com (http://www.theanimationfarm.com) - has a hires trailer that had a few more tweaks in the week after the deadline. Very subtle things, but if you have a good eye you should be able to spot them. You can even see the skin depressing when Stubbs grabs Judy's head.

mmmMMmm MM the fun sure is in the detailing...

Thanks for the front page bump, and all the comments. Glad to see that everyone is enjoying it.

chrisrw
07-27-2005, 06:52 PM
Where's the line between video game play and real life?

Zombies...

AKDesigns
07-27-2005, 07:00 PM
Zombies...

init, im surprised two people had that opinion... geeez, i don even know where to start!

aRTCy
07-27-2005, 07:01 PM
Zombies...

I meant violence in general. Doesn't matter if it's a zombie, alien, or a cop. It's still a role playing game where your actions result in the outcome.

AKDesigns
07-27-2005, 07:04 PM
I meant violence in general. Doesn't matter if it's a zombie, alien, or a cop. It's still a role playing game where your actions result in the outcome.

yes it does... we are human beings.. if we dont vent it, then we kill each other.. thats why its ok that its zombies...

aRTCy
07-27-2005, 07:06 PM
yes it does... we are human beings.. if we dont vent it, then we kill each other.. thats why its ok that its zombies...

You mean you can't control yourself when angered or frustrated. O.K. I guess you do need a video game like this.

AKDesigns
07-27-2005, 07:12 PM
You mean you can't control yourself when angered or frustrated. O.K. I guess you do need a video game like this.

i can control myself, because i get to vent my frustrations in places of no consequence... :) like video games :)

no point denying what you/we are, which is an animal.... i read ur profile on ur site... i see u like getting along with people at work (no arguments etc).. i am the same.... but i still like mashing zombies into the wall and eating brains!! who doesnt :scream:

aRTCy
07-27-2005, 07:26 PM
i can control myself, because i get to vent my frustrations in places of no consequence... :) like video games :)

no point denying what you/we are, which is an animal.... i read ur profile on ur site... i see u like getting along with people at work (no arguments etc).. i am the same.... but i still like mashing zombies into the wall and eating brains!! who doesnt :scream:

O.K. But listen to yourself "I like mashing zombies into the wall and eating brains?" I don't like doing that and, believe it or not, so do alot of other people. Ofcourse it's just a video game. But we differenciate from an "animal" by our conciousness (moral judgement), don't we?

JeroenDStout
07-27-2005, 07:29 PM
O.K. But listen to yourself "I like mashing zombies into the wall and eating brains?" I don't like doing that and, believe it or not, so do alot of other people. Ofcourse it's just a video game. But we differenciate from an "animal" by our conciousness (moral judgement), don't we?
Yes, thank you, I like nailing Combine with incinerated arrows in Half-Life˛ and am a passifist in real life. We differenciate from an "animal", as if we are not animals, by our superior evolution, nothing else. Some intelligence, some concoiusness, not much else. Anyway, animals don't really kill eachother for fun, so there's a difference.

Amazing video, very well done. Even though the zombie was a smug, I didn't like that :)

aRTCy
07-27-2005, 07:37 PM
Yes, thank you, I like nailing Combine with incinerated arrows in Half-Life˛ and am a passifist in real life. We differenciate from an "animal", as if we are not animals, by our superior evolution, nothing else. Some intelligence, some concoiusness, not much else. Anyway, animals don't really kill eachother for fun, so there's a difference.

Amazing video, very well done. Even though the zombie was a smug, I didn't like that :)

Yes, that's why as human beings we need to take extra care in promoting violence because some people do take killing as pleasure. That's my whole point! Thank you for bringing that up again. We see enough voilence in the real world without promoting more and enticing more to our senses.

And just as a side note: If we evolved, why is there still monkeys around?

eliwolff
07-27-2005, 08:00 PM
this article has some good info on how kids are affacted by violent video games..

http://gr.bolt.com/articles/violence/violence.htm

michaeldaubert
07-27-2005, 08:12 PM
Hey Guys,
Thanx so much for the compliments on our cinema. We are really pleased the way it turned out, in the time frame that we had. All we have had is positive feedback.

Im sorry that the content is bothering some people. But with respect to our work, can we keep the conversations to critiques instead of one persons rant? Theres other forums for that.

Thanx again to everyone for the critiques and comments, keep them coming!!

aRTCy
07-27-2005, 08:30 PM
this article has some good info on how kids are affacted by violent video games..

http://gr.bolt.com/articles/violence/violence.htm

O.K. Good article. But I'm not just refering to kids. Many adults play video games. Many law enforcement and military divisions play video games that promote infiltration by any means necessary. There's a problem there. I also feel that as a society, we are becoming more and more decensitized to violence. Sure our society seems fine now because everything is running smoothly, for the most part. But what happens if we or an individual experiences a climatic event in their lives? How are they going to react? I'm not trying to attack games, but we have to take notice of our disregard for violence.

And I'm not ranting. I'm just voicing my opinion. Why am I being singled out? This is a forum for feedback, is it not? You will have many people in the consumer market who won't buy this game because of the violent issue and you need to take heed of it. Even though your getting alot of positive feedback, the average person will not see this forum. Have you tested your game on the public? What kind of feedback have you gotten?

chrisrw
07-27-2005, 08:38 PM
But what happens if we or an individual experiences a climatic event in their lives? How are they going to react?

Um, by biting someone's head open? I don't think thats really a valid argument if you're attacking this game in particular. There's probably other forums somewhere else that are better for arguing your point.

I thought you guys did a great job on the trailer. Artistically and technically it was great in the time you had.

aRTCy
07-27-2005, 08:40 PM
[QUOTE=aRTCy]But what happens if we or an individual experiences a climatic event in their lives? How are they going to react?[QUOTE]

Um, by biting someone's head open? I don't think thats really a valid argument if you're attacking this game in particular. There's probably other forums somewhere else that are better for arguing your point.

I thought you guys did a great job on the trailer. Artistically and technically it was great in the time you had.

How many times do I have to say this: I'm talking about violence in general.

JeroenDStout
07-27-2005, 08:42 PM
Yes, that's why as human beings we need to take extra care in promoting violence because some people do take killing as pleasure. That's my whole point! Thank you for bringing that up again. We see enough voilence in the real world without promoting more and enticing more to our senses.

And just as a side note: If we evolved, why is there still monkeys around?
...gah, one day I'm going to find the 'we came from monkeys'-myth creator :). We didn't came from monkeys, both us and the monkeys came from a common ancestor.

But we don't promote violence, we show violence because we know it's popular. I'm not fond of violence in real life, but in video games and movies it can be fun. I was an evil god in Black & White. The only question for me is when real life will be affected by violence in games and movies, and (from what I recall) a lot of researchers say that it depends more on the other factors than video games itself; video games being the flame and families being the explosives, so to speak.

aRTCy
07-27-2005, 08:47 PM
...gah, one day I'm going to find the 'we came from monkeys'-myth creator :). We didn't came from monkeys, both us and the monkeys came from a common ancestor.

But we don't promote violence, we show violence because we know it's popular. I'm not fond of violence in real life, but in video games and movies it can be fun. I was an evil god in Black & White. The only question for me is when real life will be affected by violence in games and movies, and (from what I recall) a lot of researchers say that it depends more on the other factors than video games itself; video games being the flame and families being the explosives, so to speak.

Ahg...No one gets me. I'm too tired to respond.

vfxcreator
07-27-2005, 08:59 PM
Violence in video games dates back to Pong. that poor, poor little ball...

---

Actually guys, we're just an art house, not the actually game company that is making/producing the game. The makers are Wideload up in chicago, and publisher is Aspyr here in Austin. We simply handled levels and this trailer, so just an FYI ;)

So really, just focus on the art and don't think too heavily on the violent nature of the industry/world.

And besides, this kind of art creation is supposed to be FUN!!:bounce:
(and it was)

mindrot
07-27-2005, 09:36 PM
BWAHAHAHA...!!

This looks great.... can't wait to start chewing some braaaaaaaains!!

Love the 50' look and feel....

:thumbsup:

TwistedReality
07-27-2005, 09:58 PM
I cant believe how much one guy can bitch about one topic, especially when he is saying it in a community that is mostly filled with ppl that love to chew on brains, damn most of us, after watching the trailer, cant wait to chew on brains..... ARRRRRRRR..... or better yet... UHHHHHH

I cant stop watching the video its so funny, job very well done ;)

RustyNail
07-27-2005, 10:00 PM
Looking forward to this game. Top notch work!!:thumbsup:

Darktwin
07-27-2005, 10:05 PM
Very cool game concept and trailers, great job, I hope the game is a success.

archerx
07-27-2005, 10:12 PM
its just a game.... just because i play doom3 doesn't mean im gonna go to mars and kill some stuff and fight in hell, nor does it mean im going to turn myself into a zombie and kill people.

i mean seriously lighten up! and who ever said this game is for kids ?

bentllama
07-27-2005, 10:19 PM
cool. good work guys.

I talked to some of you from Animation Farm at the Stubbs private party at GDC.

great stuff and I look forward to the game!

aRTCy
07-27-2005, 10:44 PM
It never fails. Once someone voices a different opinion then the norm, people jump all over him like he was an enemy or a threat. Excuse me for having an opinion. And I'm not bitching.

My Fault
07-27-2005, 10:53 PM
People are bitchin because you are crappin on this thread. This topic wasn't created to discuss violence in video games but to show off some of their hard work doing a cinematic for a game. You should own up, apologize and open up your own thread to talk about the subject you want to talk about.

BTW, really nice stuff. Very funny. Would love to see a more in depth making of to say how you handled this, in particular the use of internet freelancers.

aRTCy
07-27-2005, 11:02 PM
People are bitchin because you are crappin on this thread. This topic wasn't created to discuss violence in video games but to show off some of their hard work doing a cinematic for a game. You should own up, apologize and open up your own thread to talk about the subject you want to talk about.

BTW, really nice stuff. Very funny. Would love to see a more in depth making of to say how you handled this, in particular the use of internet freelancers.

This forum is just not to give a confidence boost in someone's work. If you want that, show the work to your friends and family. Don't post it here. Apologize for what? What's the matter? Can't take it? Can't take a little criticism?

Xonze
07-27-2005, 11:17 PM
Because it not criticism of the movie its criticism of the genre, which is not what this thread is made for. Humans are creators and destroyers by nature, and that’s what sells, deal with it.

Anyway, love the movie guys, really captured what I thought the game would be like when I read a preview of it in CGW. Great models and ideas. I really liked how you timed some parts with the music. Awesome job.

agravois
07-27-2005, 11:41 PM
Thanks y'all for the luv, crits and feedback. Hey bentllama! I was the lead lighter/materials artist as well as the producer, so I'll shoulder any blame. CGTalk flags work for "Nudity" which I think is an appropriate way to help people decide if they want to view a work/visit a thread. Mayhap a "violent content" flag would be useful too.

So glad many folks dug the mood of the piece... that says to me we succeeded. And I must boast that I think our animators did a fantastic job on the performances.

I agree with everyone who commented on the cloth, especially on Stubbs (the Zombie) in closeup; it doesn't look as good as it maybe oughta. That was definitely a victim of the timeframe. Cloth is hard! Anybody have tips on doing cloth in mental ray? Judy's sweater isn't 100% either... anogra is quite difficult to simulate without fur which we didn't have time for. I'm happy with the way Ted's varsity jacket came out, tho. I think it looks like stiff wool and leather, more or less... what do you think?

Same on the particles in the gutbomb toss... the dynamics aren't quite right, partly b/c we reanimated 'em on the morning of delivery (!).

oh... and how the hell did he bite through her skull in one go? or are we not supposed to think about that..lol.

Haha! Yes, it's, umm, zombie magic! A convention of the genre, more or less... need to keep the pace moving, after all.

Another time I will discuss the care and feeding of remote freelancers...

peace y'all
adam

noisewar
07-27-2005, 11:45 PM
This forum is just not to give a confidence boost in someone's work. If you want that, show the work to your friends and family. Don't post it here. Apologize for what? What's the matter? Can't take it? Can't take a little criticism?

Dude... chill man, this thread is about this particular work. Your anti-Zombie propaganda will have to take a backseat, as the bottom line is we don't care. Stubbs is so cool. If you've missed that, then I'm afraid someone didn't kill enough Nazi's as a kid with his handheld gatling. The rest of us who KO'd thru every racial stereotype of Punch-Out came out healthy and sane enough to appreciate a little brain eating.

Great animation guys, the lollipop head lolling part was priceless.

animateddave
07-28-2005, 12:21 AM
Man I remember when this thread was first posted. I posted something and few other people posted then it died. Then for some reason it got plugged and its back up to the first page. I come back only to see that some safety nazi is running a muck about violence in video games. Boo freaking hoo. If you don't like it, don't play it/watch it/listen to it. I'm sick and tired of smacktards like you complaining and trying to ruin everything for everyone else. Now go back to sticking your head in the sand and playing with your barbies or whatever you politically correct safety nazis do.

akewt
07-28-2005, 12:23 AM
original game idea... and yet somehow not original! quality head bitng action. like it. spose the zombie factor lets you get away with brutal and blood thursty gore! briliant, bring it on....

Seebaer
07-28-2005, 12:28 AM
gnihihihihi, i love it, the humor is sooooo bad :>

definitly humor that i like!!! it reminds me a little bit at the movie "shaun of the dead", anyone saw it?

i think the first scene in the car, where stubbs begin singing is so godlike :D

im awaiting this peace of work, and iam not very patient, so hurry up shipping it guys!!!

i want it unter my xmas-tree!

TwistedReality
07-28-2005, 01:20 AM
like I said before I still cant stop whatchin this video... I think im turning into a zombie.... any ways sorry that the word "bitchin" caused such an up roar.... but.... if people stop their bitchin and enjoy something even as disgusting as this then we can all have a bitchin time :D;):buttrock:

agreenster
07-28-2005, 01:27 AM
in particular the use of internet freelancers.

Brian.....you sneaky devil. I hear your brain spinning... ;)

agreenster
07-28-2005, 01:38 AM
And I'm not ranting. I'm just voicing my opinion. Why am I being singled out? This is a forum for feedback, is it not? You will have many people in the consumer market who won't buy this game because of the violent issue and you need to take heed of it. Even though your getting alot of positive feedback, the average person will not see this forum. Have you tested your game on the public? What kind of feedback have you gotten?

Honestly, the reason you're being singled out is because by and large, advocates who are against video game violence are viewed as paranoid, "the sky is falling," types who focus on ONE area of society (video game violence) and place blame on IT instead of the REAL problems in society. The vast majority of people here on CGTalk have a more balanced view of violence (yes, real violence is BAD, but pretend violence is fun, if not NORMAL) and are annoyed when trolls hijack a thread and change the subject. This is a forum for feedback, but artistic feedback. Bottom line is, if you dont like the game, DONT buy it!

That said, I really like this you Animation Farm peeps. My favorite part is when the zombie pops up behind the couple and just sits there with that dumb look on his face, and bops to the music. Its hilarious.

CGSisdead
07-28-2005, 01:44 AM
hi there,
awesome Trailer, really like it a lot and laughed a lot watching it :D
I hope the game will be also as good.
Do you know by any chance when the soundtrack will be released?

TwistedReality
07-28-2005, 01:46 AM
Honestly, the reason you're being singled out is because by and large, advocates who are against video game violence are viewed as paranoid, "the sky is falling," types who focus on ONE area of society (video game violence) and place blame on IT instead of the REAL problems in society. The vast majority of people here on CGTalk have a more balanced view of violence (yes, real violence is BAD, but pretend violence is fun, if not NORMAL) and are annoyed when trolls hijack a thread and change the subject. This is a forum for feedback, but artistic feedback. Bottom line is, if you dont like the game, DONT buy it!

That said, I really like this you Animation Farm peeps. My favorite part is when the zombie pops up behind the couple and just sits there with that dumb look on his face, and bops to the music. Its hilarious.

I totaly agree, like I always say "take life in the palm, shuve it up your butt, and poop it outta your mouth" your goin to have to do it one day or another. And what I mean by that is the life is full of crap that your just going to have to take.... SO TAKE IT :D

sorry for being annoying... but I love this video :D:D:D

Psylife
07-28-2005, 08:52 AM
Nice, original and Fresh

Petarius
07-28-2005, 10:52 AM
Great trailer. Kinda funny how I havn't seen this before. The idea of playing the "bad guy" makes me think of Destroy All Humans. I'll definately be checkin this out

alexx
07-28-2005, 11:01 AM
LOL :) great game idea

bentllama
07-28-2005, 11:35 AM

this forum exists to express great artwork and is NOT a forum to express, debate and argue over political and ethical personal values.

if you have a statement to make, make it through your art and not through text. we are here to talk about the art, not an individual's personal take on the morals behind it...

neutronrobot
07-28-2005, 01:16 PM
Wow! Really great job, especially with a five week deadline.

Just out of curiousity, did you guys use Maya or Max on this project (or none of the above).
One of the best cinematics I've seen in quite some time.

-Steve Collier

agravois
07-28-2005, 02:35 PM
did you guys use Maya or Max on this project (or none of the above).

Models came from Maya, Max, and other. All of the body animation is (heavily edited) motion capture. MoCap cleaned up and edited in MotionBuilder. Rigging, face animation, layout, etc, all done in Maya, rendered with mental ray. Comped in After Effects, natch.

For the faces I'm indebted to the new sub-surface materials in mental ray. Totally, totally rad. (Although it chugs a bit with motion blur... add area lights and you'll be cryin' yourself to sleep waiting for frames to finish.)

CGTalk Moderation
07-28-2005, 02:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.