PDA

View Full Version : Align & Distribute

devin
07-18-2005, 08:36 PM
Anything exist out there for Modeler akin to the Align & Distribute features of apps like Illustrator? I'm aware of Aligner but I'm looking for something that would help in evenly distributing objects (i.e. stairs) easily. Basically, you could set up your top and bottom stairs, copy several stairs in between and then just distribute them based on the top/bottom stair locations. Ran a search here and on flay with no results but I was curious. Seems like a useful tool or at least a time saver.

devin

Poppi
07-18-2005, 08:52 PM
I think you might clone along a rail to do this.

PaZ
07-18-2005, 10:51 PM
Anything exist out there for Modeler akin to the Align & Distribute features of apps like Illustrator? I'm aware of Aligner but I'm looking for something that would help in evenly distributing objects (i.e. stairs) easily. Basically, you could set up your top and bottom stairs, copy several stairs in between and then just distribute them based on the top/bottom stair locations. Ran a search here and on flay with no results but I was curious. Seems like a useful tool or at least a time saver.

devin

PICTRIX's Kintoo kun plugin. does exactly this, i alway use it for stairs, railings and so on.

Paolo

devin
07-18-2005, 10:57 PM
thanks for the info!

blaqDeaph
07-19-2005, 02:52 AM
If you're making stairs, simply clone a step with a fixed offset should do the trick. If you want the steps to curve along a particular path, you can use a spline to create the path, put that in the background layer, and then use Rail Extrude.

CGTalk Moderation
07-19-2005, 02:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.