PDA

View Full Version : I need help

Ephemerality
07-18-2005, 07:02 PM
I'm generally new to the whole 3d CG thing, and I'm basically self taught on my artwork. I want to learn how to create 3d models, characters and such. I'm sorry if this has been posted numerous times, but I'm really desperate for help.

lostlittleboy
07-19-2005, 01:50 PM
Get hold of as many 3d packages as you can;

3dsmax, Maya, XSI, Silo, Modo, Lightwave, Cinema 4d, Zbrush...to name a few.

And try them out. Asking which is the best package to use isn't going to get you a simple answer; everyone's got a different opinion. Once you've found a package you like the "feel" of, go google-ing for tutorials. They're not rare! :D

Personally, I'd say learn Maya, Max, or XSI. They're very good all round packages, and all (Max and Maya, especially) have a strong industry presence...

Blikkie
07-19-2005, 02:47 PM
Get one 3D program. Get a decent book so you will understand the general principles and the basic interface and start to do tutorials. When you get the basics you can get a lot of information from tutorials for other programs as well. Start your own project. Work on it, ask for advise in the WIP forum in here or somewhere else, whatever suits you.

FINISH your project.

CGTalk Moderation
07-19-2005, 02:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.