PDA

View Full Version : RTCW Mapobject

Michael
02-20-2002, 03:29 AM
Hi
Im doing a map object for RTCW, Im a big fan of the old movie Top Secret, with Val Kilmer, and wanted to a cow with boots (will make one without aswell)
I want to keep it at 400 tris (im down to 396, the image shows 430) with legs/boots.
Im also working on the edgeturning now.
Comments, crits etc. are welcomed.

Michael
http://home.no.net/pancake/cow.jpg

hehe forgot the image :)

The Magic Pen
02-20-2002, 05:11 AM
Holy cow !! :eek:

sorry could'nt resist :D

Kim Oravecz
02-20-2002, 07:59 AM
Looks like a darn fine cow to me!

And I agree - Top Secret is a great movie!

:D

Also, what did you mean by the statement that you are "working on the edgeturning now"?

Does he have a tail? Have you made the boots yet?

Later!

. . . Kim

Michael
02-20-2002, 12:31 PM
hehe the cow from top secret IS holy :)
Kim: Thanks.
It will have a tail. But so far i fell it has to many polys, so im chopping some before im going further. By edge turning Im meaning just that, turning edges so the mesh look good end animate well etc.
Ill make the boots later, need to see the movie again (damn its hard to find) so i can have look at them boots. Found some bad images on the web, but doesnt help me to much.
too bad that I cant make it a player model, were two players have to team up, and dress up like the cow and sneak into the german camps :)

Later
Michael

BluesArt
02-20-2002, 01:20 PM
great cow...and great movie i love top secret...btw for me 400 polygon, if u use wolfenstein engine (quake 3), are not to much, u can use 1000 or over...all wolfenstein monster have a good number of polygon

Martin-K-
02-20-2002, 02:39 PM
well ive never seen that movie. but you really going to give em boots?......:confused: :D
anyway. all the proportions look right. ( besides the fact that currently there are no legs to speak of :p haha. keep it up man.

Michael
02-20-2002, 04:17 PM
Thanks martin, yes it will have boots, but also a noneboot version.
Then I suggest you get hold of a copy, if u can and watch it.
Heres an image of the cow, from the movie:
http://www.expedientconsulting.com/~topsecret/Images/TScowbg.gif
First they dressed up as a cow, and then they filmed an actual cow with boots, its hillarious, the whole movie is.
German lessons:
Bilchaben Frichtmitten un der heinerblachund

Whic means, according to the movie:
There is a sauerkraut in my lederhosen

Man i gotta get hold of a copy and see it again.
Its not out on DVD and will not be on dvd either, for a while.

Michael

Palm
02-20-2002, 08:22 PM
:D Hehe. Cant wait to se the final cow whit boots and textures. Are you gonna animate it to?

Rock'n'roll!

Michael
02-20-2002, 08:48 PM
Yes im gonna give it some simple animations at first.
But ive also thought of using it as a serious mapobject aswell, dead on a french field, so then i dont have to animate it :)

Michael

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.