PDA

View Full Version : Unknown geomatry problem

matmonkfish
07-18-2005, 04:58 PM
Hello,

Please see attached jpeg.

My geomatry looks normal. The normals are all facing in the correct direction. There seems to be no hidden edges. It all seems correct. But then when i go to subpatch it doesnt smooth out correctly as demonstrated in picture. It seems frustratingly simple, but i cant work out the problem.

Any ideas? I could just start again but i would like to know for future reference how to get out of these situations.

Thanks, Matt

WillCameron
07-18-2005, 05:09 PM
Hello,

Please see attached jpeg.

My geomatry looks normal. The normals are all facing in the correct direction. There seems to be no hidden edges. It all seems correct. But then when i go to subpatch it doesnt smooth out correctly as demonstrated in picture. It seems frustratingly simple, but i cant work out the problem.

Any ideas? I could just start again but i would like to know for future reference how to get out of these situations.

Thanks, Matt

the polygons have more than 4 points. you'll have to cut or weld the extras to the corner/primary points.

- Will.

c-g
07-18-2005, 05:10 PM
try merging your points/unifying the polys and check to see if any non-patched polygons are >4 verts.

-NG-
07-18-2005, 05:16 PM
There could be points wich are unwelded, go in poly mode and look at the corner points, if you see 2 vertexes selected you have to weld them.

Like the guys above mentioned, there could be poly's with more then 4 vertices, try splitting them up. :)

matmonkfish
07-18-2005, 06:45 PM
Thanks, those suggestions worked.

CGTalk Moderation
07-18-2005, 06:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.