PDA

View Full Version : Bubbles in water

Ultimatum
07-18-2005, 01:57 PM
Hi,

Would someone care to share some tips of how to make my bubbles move/look nicer?
This is what I have achiever this far :

http://www.spiral1.fi/Misc/Bubbles_avi.avi

I was trying to make them "wiggle" more on their way up, but couldnīt do it.
Thereīs some vibration on them plus a turbulence Wind moving them a bit but the result is not quite what I trying.

Any tips will be appreciated.

- U

LightwaveGuy
07-18-2005, 06:30 PM
You could add two to three additional Wind effects with Rotation (y) applied and then size them smaller (Radius) so they can turn and move your bubbles. Once added play around with the power % and Spiral Amount...

blaqDeaph
07-19-2005, 02:49 AM
Assuming you used Particles/HV to create the bubbles, try:

1. Varying the size of bubbles even more
2. Varying the speed at which the bubbles move, by: applying winds, adjusting the +- weight and resistance values in the "Particle" tab of the emitter
3. Getting the bubbles to lump together (You can try looking the interaction tab)

gerardo
07-19-2005, 06:56 AM
Also assuming is HV, you can try adding a HyperTexture (world coordinates) with a big size to provide some squeeze and wiggle effect.

Gerardo

Ed Bittner
07-19-2005, 04:22 PM
You need to set up Displacement Maps for the bubbles. Use fractal noise with world co-ordinance. (Worked well for me back in 5.6) Bubbles usually travel very fast and in groups. Also they are different sizes. Group some with a null, and drag 'em up. And upgoing bubbles,( mine were tesselation spheres), are kinda dome shaped on the top and pretty much flat on the bottom. So you might want to Jitter the bottom points. Sounds like a lot to go through, but I tell you my animation looked absolutely real.

E.

Ultimatum
07-19-2005, 05:20 PM
Thanks guys!

Yes Iīm using HVīs. You gave some nice tips.
I was looking for a method to get the individual bubbles to have this "snake" kind of a movement while travelling up. I tried to add a null, give it the wanted movement and set it to HVīs target but it didnīt work.
Maybe it just have to be done with Winds...

BTW, can HVīs work with a volymetric light to cast light streaks?

- U

pixelranger
07-19-2005, 06:49 PM
Like Ed just said, use spheres with a couple of displacement maps using world coordinates. Make a large displacement map for the snake type deformations and a smaller one for the per bubble wobble deformations.

CGTalk Moderation
07-19-2005, 06:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.