PDA

View Full Version : Student short film "Hot Dog"

Bulgrozz
07-18-2005, 12:57 PM
Hello everyone !

I'm a french student in a little animation school and I would like to have your advices about my short film. I worked alone and had not much time so that's why it's not very clean (some animation problems, very few textures and lighting, simple modeling, etc...). I tryed to put humour in it but it's maybe just french humour so please tell me if you laugh or not ;o)

Sorry for my english and thank you !

http://laurentmenu.free.fr/anim/3d/hotdog.avi

(the video is compressed in divx and the sound is mp3, size approx. 40MB)

http://laurentmenu.free.fr/tempo/bscap0000.jpg

Andini
07-18-2005, 05:53 PM
That was great! The animation could definitely use some work, but I liked your models. The best was the story. It was a very good story. Logical and not very predictable. I almost didn't see the kicker in the middle of the credits. That little bit made the story great! I didn't expect it at all.

Good job.

Koogle
07-19-2005, 10:31 AM
yeah i enjoyed that aswel.. good little story

could always go back and work on the lightning and textures some more :)

Norl
07-19-2005, 06:08 PM
Nice work on the short having good modeling with decent scene details. It is kind of slow-moving so fast and snappy animation would be good to capture the audience's interest. Keep it up!

Bulgrozz
07-20-2005, 01:48 PM
Thank you for your encouragements !

I think I must explain something : the slow motion sequence, when the dog run to the shop at the end, is quite funny in France because we had a very famous advert here for a dog food called "Royal Canin". This ad was broadcasted during all the eighties and the nineties on french tv. It showed a dog, running in slow motion, with the same music (Morricone's Chi Mai ). It is so famous that a typical french hearing this music would think "it's the Royal Canin's music !". lol !

Norl
07-20-2005, 06:12 PM
The slow motion sequence of the dog running is not what I am referring actually, if that is what you are thinking on my meaning as slow-moving. The slow-motion sequence is understandable for being there, however, the flow of the story is kind of slow-moving where the animation of each character does not have strong and quick or snappy poses to capture the interest of the audience.

Bulgrozz
07-21-2005, 01:12 PM
Ok, I understand better, I'll try to work on it, thank you ! :o)

CGTalk Moderation
07-21-2005, 01:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.