PDA

View Full Version : help with texture mapping

Skynet307
07-18-2005, 12:04 AM
I was wondering how I would go about using mirrored textures, like only one leg texture for both legs and the same with arm.. I am using milkshape and lithunwrap. But i was wondering if all I do is model only one leg and one arm then texture it all up, and go back into milkshape and just duplicate the arm and leg to the other side. Also I read a tutorial for unwrap3d (http://www.geocities.com/jhocking15213/unwrap/tutorial_char.html?200517) and there was a way to set the seam rotation, but is this possible in lithunwrap?
If anyone can point me in the direction of some good lithunwrap tutorials I would really appretiate it.

8bit_Mind
07-18-2005, 01:40 AM
hey dude, you should do this:

unhide the 2 front leg groups;

use the warp method you like;

select one leg;

click the right mouse button and invert horizontally (did i spell right ?)

and move on the other leg...

i hope you can understud this mess...

Skynet307
07-18-2005, 03:13 AM
I have tried that but they unwrap differently. Should I do it anyways?

8bit_Mind
07-18-2005, 11:58 AM
hy sky, i remembered something... (msn, it's been 2 years since i used this prog...)

the best way to unwarp a guy in milkshape, it create 2 groups for the legs

1 - front (including rib)
2 - back (including butt)

then you unwarp the front (make it plannar)
then you unwarp the back (plannar too)

resize the two parts simetrical (.5 its good)

put the parts side by side and select every horizontal verticle lines and colapse they vertically
you should have the two legs with the same size, and the lines will match :bounce:

now, you select by faces one side of the legs and mirror horizontally and put on the other side, and do the same with the back...

i sugest you go to http://www.dosfx.com/tutorials.asp and download the CS girl tutorial, it's where i learned about milkshape and lighunwarp

CGTalk Moderation
07-18-2005, 11:58 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.