PDA

View Full Version : Motion File Help

blaqDeaph
07-17-2005, 11:41 PM
Hi, I made a spline in modeler, which I then used Export->PathToMotion option in Modeller. Then I went into Layout, selected a NULL, then File->Load->Motion File, everything is fine, except that I can't control how LW keyframes the NULL, ie. I need to control the speed at which the object moves along the keyframes.

Any help will be good.

Thanks

vonbon
07-17-2005, 11:56 PM
I'm not sure but you might have to edit the timing in the graph editor.

kangonto
07-18-2005, 08:07 AM
If the curve isn't too complex you can achieve speed changes having into account that, when drawing the spline, very separated nodes produce a fast movement and an small concentration of nodes produce slow movements.

I've used this technique when defining car trajectories and it worked very well.

blaqDeaph
07-18-2005, 08:22 AM
But what I mean is when LW imports the motion file, it seems to keyframe the object off its own accord, perhaps according to the spacing of the nodes. Is there a way to specify the number of nodes it traverses per second?

kangonto
07-18-2005, 09:49 AM
But what I mean is when LW imports the motion file, it seems to keyframe the object off its own accord, perhaps according to the spacing of the nodes. Is there a way to specify the number of nodes it traverses per second?

Simply scale the keyframes. I do it in scene editor (Dope Sheet) although as Vonbon said you can do it in Graph editor too.

kangonto
07-18-2005, 09:53 AM
You can use Speedometer associated to the moving object to have a clue about the real speed of the object in m/s.

blaqDeaph
07-19-2005, 02:55 AM
Thanks for the help, quite annoyed that there seems to be no way to directly control the speed the particles are moving at.

vonbon
07-19-2005, 02:48 PM
Maybe try adding some wind generators to affect the speed of the particles.

CGTalk Moderation
07-19-2005, 02:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.