PDA

View Full Version : Maxwell Material Compositor Version 0.1 for Cinemaxwell

Continuumx
07-17-2005, 10:06 PM
Hopefully to make it much nicer experience when setting up materials, this one is for fast testing of materials and the Maxwell Render plugin for Cinema 4D. This will be open source so we can improve it as a community.

Version 0.15: Consolidated the "many" null objects with xpresso tags into "one" null object with many xpresso tags. Next version will consolidate all of these tags into one xpresso tag.

How it works:

Textures:

You just load your map or enter the path manually in the appropiate user data file path slot, and the cinema 4d channel texture filepath updates to what has been entered from this one location in the cinema 4d material.

Mix Strengths:

You just use the user data slider for the appropiate texture map channel and the cinema 4d material mix map strength updates from this one location in the cinema 4d material.

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/6558/maxwell7mm.jpg

GET FILE! (http://sr2.mytempdir.com/88395)

The version above has elements from XSTACY Elements (The Third Party -Per Anders Edwards and Paul Everett- GUI of the Storm Tracer Plugin http://www.peranders.com/c4d8/XStacy/index.html ) use this version if you do not have this feature installed:

GET NON XSTACY VERSION FILE! (http://sr2.mytempdir.com/88396)

Please Read:

Issues with this version:

1: If you open up the Material Editor to work with material:

After you open the material editor (Click on "Maxwell Material" provided), click on the default new material so that the channel checkboxes will appear- for some reason they are not showing up at fist.

2: Expressions

Keep the M~R Compositor 0.15 Null in your scene if you use the enhanced M~R C4D material. Leave this null and xpressions at the top level of your scene. Do not group it with any other object doing so can destroy the xpresso connection.

3: When you load a material into the file path slot, you may have to click inside the text and hit "enter" or "return" key for the update to occur in the cinema 4d material texture slot.

4. Use the attribute material or the material editor to adjust. I find the material editor to be better for viewing this material.

5. At the moment, this version is only for rapid material development and testing. Future version will support this material being able to be copied for multiple uses.

6. The Opacity and Clip Map channels are not working at this time in the render engine so using these will result in an incorrect image.

Disclaimer: I cannot be held responsible for any damages or loss of data that may occur during the use of this scene file. This scene file is provided as is.

Tank_3D_Attack
07-17-2005, 10:26 PM
That is pretty cool! Thanks ALOT! :) Comes in very handy!

Tank

Continuumx
07-17-2005, 10:39 PM
No problem Tank, maybe this one can make it into the August issue of 3d Attack- I will get back to that tutorial soon on gloss maps!

ThePriest
07-17-2005, 11:13 PM
I follow your work from time to time Continuumx at the NL forum, you're a dedicated man.
This is a nice work flow enhancement for the time being, atleast until the NL team reworks the current work flow.

I'm working on small enhancement myself, a simple calculator for geographical coordinates, using a textured zoomable earth and some tricky equations. I'll post as soon as i'm done.

Priest

Tank_3D_Attack
07-17-2005, 11:15 PM
No problem Tank, maybe this one can make it into the August issue of 3d Attack- I will get back to that tutorial soon on gloss maps!

Of course! You are more than welcome to do so. We will talk via e-mail :)

Tank

Continuumx
07-17-2005, 11:54 PM
I follow your work from time to time Continuumx at the NL forum, you're a dedicated man.
This is a nice work flow enhancement for the time being, atleast until the NL team reworks the current work flow.

I'm working on small enhancement myself, a simple calculator for geographical coordinates, using a textured zoomable earth and some tricky equations. I'll post as soon as i'm done.

Priest

Thank you Priest! The calculator would be a very nice addition to working with Maxwell Render. I hope that this can show that it is possible to make the plugin better. You are right for now, it is only an aid to help others out until the plugin develops more.

I hope that I can get better at the Xpresso, because I actually liked making this little enhancement!

chris_b
07-18-2005, 12:52 AM
very useful.... excellent!

Continuumx
07-19-2005, 03:43 AM
Version 0.15: Consolidated the "many" null objects with xpresso tags into "one" null object with many xpresso tags. Next version will consolidate all of these tags into one xpresso tag.

CGTalk Moderation
07-19-2005, 03:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.