PDA

View Full Version : How to bake a 2D texture of polygon by Prman

tyic
07-17-2005, 08:04 PM
Hi, everyone

Since the no. of vertex of a polygon is different from UV and the object, it seems the Pref cannot be use to render a 2D texture, then how can I bake a 2d texture by Prman??

At the same time, is there any problem when baking a 2D texture with the Prman subdivision is turned on??

Thx

playmesumch00ns
07-18-2005, 09:49 AM
Use the bake3d function, passing the s,t coordinates as the point parameter.

There's nothing to do this for you in rat (yet), but it's fairly trivial to write a simple baking shader or template.

tyic
07-18-2005, 06:34 PM
Thx for your reply....

Could you give some hints about writing a bake texture shader ?? :)

I have try before...but only work for NURBS only, I really confuse about the different vertex no. on polygon and its uv...

(my stupid method is using a NURBS plane as a template object to get the Pref, then directly render the plane to get the texture.. :< )

playmesumch00ns
07-19-2005, 09:23 AM
What version of prman are you using? The old-skool "texture oven" method is a bit of a pain in the arse, workflow-wise.

version 12.0 and above adds a function, bake3d, that simply writes out your shading points into a point cloud. By passing UV information instead of current-space positions, you can write the points out in texture space, then use the provided ptrender command to write tiff files from the pointclouds.

tyic
07-19-2005, 06:19 PM
Thank you again :)

It's so poor that I am using old version of Prman, no "bake3d" available for me :(
is there any alternatives doing this on Prman???

(may be I can tell you what I really want :) ...... I am working on sth about fur rendering....since it seems take a quite a long time for rendering ambient occlusion, so i think may be just render the that for the geometry and bake a 2D texture send back to the fur....(the fur archive rib is generated by shave & a haircut))

CGTalk Moderation
07-19-2005, 06:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.