PDA

View Full Version : BMRT .tif files screwed up in Photoshop

Isopod
02-20-2002, 12:14 AM
I posted this on the Photoshop forum....dunno where exactly it belongs so I'm posting this here also...

I have this problem with Photoshop 6, whenever I try to open a .tif file rendered by BMRT, the image is almost "Transparent" you could make out some of the image but mostly, it looks like the Opacity had been set to 10% and transparent.

http://www.nv2.cc.va.us/home/aantiquera/images/TifTrouble.jpg

is this Photoshop's fault or the way BMRT encodes tiff files??? I'm currently using ImageMagick to convert these darn .tif files to JPEGs....any suggestions????

thanks!
-Isopod

Chris
02-20-2002, 12:47 AM
that is wierd, I've never come across that before. Under Channels, is there an Alpha channel?

I've a couple of sugestions:

If it is 10% opaque, you coul try duplicating the layer 10 times, that should give you 100% opacity

You could try turning off support for Tiff layers (under preferences I think "enable advanced tiff options' or something like that)

Isopod
02-20-2002, 01:22 AM
well...duplicating the layers is pretty darn tedious to do :D , there are no alpha channels and I tried turning on the adavance tiff options..but still no luck....hmmm...I wonder which of the program has the fault on this:confused:

once I convert the tiff to a jpeg (using ImageMagick) the image displays fine...but what if I'm rendering an animation to a sequence of .Tiffs? man, that would be frustrating!:mad:

thanks anyway, anybody else got any ideas about this?

--Isopod

Mauritius
02-25-2002, 06:12 PM
There was just a thread on the BMRT mailing list on this and I believe it urned out to be a display driver issue.
Use a tiff file Display in the RIB and don't use the -d option when doing your final render. The display driver has some performance flaws anyway (under windoze), so you also gain speed by not looking at your images while they're rendered.

Cheers

Moritz

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.