PDA

View Full Version : TUTORIAL (SHORT) - Sitting Figures - By vikkie

vikkie
07-17-2005, 06:23 PM
hey, this is my first tutorial. i am no master, guru, or even good but i think i can show something. it is really basic stuff so this tutorial is actually aimed for beginners. It is not how it should be done, it is how i do it.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/_vikkie_/figs1.jpg

Just like at figure A, draw a box then one on top of it. The bottom box is the ground where our character will be sitting, it can be a chair, barrel, wood, anything you want. The top box will be our charcthers hip.
- Draw a circle in the top box, a ball actually.
- Now make two holes in that ball, this is where your legs connect to the circle.
- With respect to the perspective of the box. extend two cylinders from that holes(one from each). These are the upper legs.
- Now follow the box's ground line like i tried to show with arrows and find where the feet will be. This is to make the feet and the chair's legs on the same plane.
- Ok, draw 2 more cylinders from that upper legs and the feet.
you are done. now the figure is sitting on the thing you want. and they are on the same plane.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/_vikkie_/figs2.jpg

This is also useful to draw a few figures or objects and relate them. Like in figure C the figures are all on the same ground and the lines connecting their feets show their positions from each other.
I hope i could be somewhat useful, have fun.(not with me dammit.)http://www.cgtalk.com/images/icons/icon13.gif

Rebeccak
07-17-2005, 06:36 PM
vikkie,

Thank you for posting this! I love that you are contributing to the community by sharing what you know. It is great that you took the time to do this for us, so I greatly appreciate your contribution! :)

I would also encourage ANYONE who has something to share as a TUTORIAL to DO SO! :)

If the term "MODERN MASTERS" is too intimidating, just post your own thread on the main Artistic Anatomy and Figurative Art sub-forum and call it "TUTORIAL <what it's about> by <your name>" ~ you need not get my approval to post your Tutorials.

Thanks for this, vikkie! I think many new people will surely benefit from what you've shared. :)

~Rebeccak

Jasel
07-20-2005, 07:33 PM
Hey thanks vikkie, that trick to find where the feet should rest is nice! Some things are so simple yet so hard to come up with...

RobertoOrtiz
07-21-2005, 01:50 AM
From Rebecca:

vikkie,

I'm responding to your message here, because I'm having difficulties with staying logged on at home ~ I'll have to figure it out. At any rate!

That's really sweet of you :) ~ thank you!

I actually use the smallest tablet, it's a ET-0405A-U Wacom, it measures something like 8" x 8"? I don't think that's the exact size, but it's around that.

I've found you don't need much larger ~ at least I don't ~ I used to have a much bigger one at work, but it just took up a lot of space, and I had to stretch my arm.

I bought mine a few years ago for about $100 ~ a good investment!

Hope this helps! :)

~Rebeccak

LoTekK
07-22-2005, 12:03 PM
I actually use the smallest tablet, it's a ET-0405A-U Wacom, it measures something like 8" x 8"? I don't think that's the exact size, but it's around that.
4" x 5" Graphire 3, rebecca. ;)

Rebeccak
07-22-2005, 01:10 PM
Hmm, yep, only one of has the name "tech" "teck". ;) Thanks for pointing out my technical flaws, that's great, thanks :scream:. How's Singapore treating you, bud? :)

~Rebeccak

CGTalk Moderation
07-22-2005, 01:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.