PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial Help, Please. (Images Download Offline)

dren
07-17-2005, 03:46 AM
Hey there,
I'm here doing the Audi S3 Modelling Tutorial by Mike Batchelor from the year 2003. I know it's a little outdated, but I see a lot of people using this tutorial to get started with car modelling.

Here's the problem; I can't download the reference images/blueprints that he used because the server isn't online I'm assuming. Does anyone have the original reference images/blueprints that he used? I'm assuming the size of them is key to the size of them in C4D.

Now for my extrude problem. I've basically lined up the images as best as I can and sized them as best as I can and I've gotten as far as this step:

"While holding down ctrl make a small extrusion. It will make new on both sides like below."

Well this doesn't work at all... it even caused my C4D to crash for some reason. I have to start over, but anyway, does anyone know how I can do this step in R9.1?

Thank you so much in advanced,
-Joshua M.

umblefugly
07-17-2005, 05:07 PM
I have a pdf of the tut somewhere....

slouchcorp
07-17-2005, 05:20 PM
you can get the blueprints from, www.suurland.com (http://www.suurland.com)

as for the edge extrusion thing, in r9 they took the modifier keys out, so the best way to do it now, id select the edge, and use bevel, with a subdivision of 1.

i should update that i guess

mike

dren
07-17-2005, 05:46 PM
Thanks Heaps! :thumbsup:

-Joshua M.

CGTalk Moderation
07-17-2005, 05:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.