PDA

View Full Version : The Comic Strip SIGNUP LIST: Looking for Writer/Penciler/ Inkers or Colorists

RobertoOrtiz
06-14-2005, 09:56 PM
Post on this thread if you are interested in working with a partner/team
on a strip.

If you are interested just post so people who are looking for teammates can PM you:

Name:
Skill:

What you want to do:
-R

djtrousdale
06-14-2005, 11:15 PM
Interested... I really like comics and this sounds like fun.

Name: Hexaditidom
Skill: Penciler, maybe writer
What I want to do: Characters!

redfrog
06-14-2005, 11:17 PM
Craig Bruyn (Redfrog)
Skill: Penciller ( and inker as well)+ character development
Would be cool to work on an ongoing comic book format with an action oriented style.

erilaz
06-15-2005, 12:29 AM
Name: Martin Brennand
Skill: Writer

What you want to do: I'd like to draw, but writing is my stength. :)

paperclip
06-15-2005, 01:28 AM
Wanna partner up martin?:arteest: :D

stepington
06-15-2005, 01:41 AM
I'd to pencil, ink, color, and or write.:rolleyes: Or even a make it up as you go thing. . . . .

FiYoG
06-15-2005, 02:21 AM
Name: Justin Seago
Skill:writing, mediocre penciling/color

I'm open for all of the above, though my strength lies in writing.

Swizzle
06-15-2005, 06:27 AM
Name: Xavier Coelho-Kostolny
Skill: Penciling, writing

I'm pretty good at writing if you give me a topic and I'm fairly skilled at writing up descriptions of scenes, though my dialog is somewhat weaker than anything else. (physical comedy in writing and witty little quips, if you believe it) I already have a comic strip concept going, but I'm able to drop that one in favor of a better one.

Ego
06-15-2005, 11:33 AM
Name: Ego Lataire
Skill: Writer
Availability: GMT +1 (human hours :p)
medium of communication: msn, yahell, irc

Telemaco
06-15-2005, 01:13 PM
Name: Telémaco
Skill: penciler & colour

Maybe my drawing style is not the best fitted for teamwork... :(

paperclip
06-15-2005, 01:50 PM
Name: Theresa Ryan. (AKA Tenacious T)
Activity: Either coloring, drawing or writing...looking for someone with crazy stories that I can illustrate!

Ego
06-15-2005, 02:11 PM
Name: Theresa Ryan. (AKA Tenacious T)
Activity: Either coloring, drawing or writing...looking for someone with crazy stories that I can illustrate!
psst, look left

AnimZiggy
06-15-2005, 02:13 PM
Name:anim_ziggy
Skill: all but writing.. Although colour skills not great.

Looking for writer! Or general collaboration

paperclip
06-15-2005, 02:14 PM
I see queensoul!
Ok then...you write, I illustrate!

Problem: I'm going to be gone from tomorrow until the 30th of June...you may want someone who'll be around during then?? If not, I don't mind!

AnimZiggy
06-15-2005, 02:21 PM
cool! check your pms paperclip.

paperclip
06-15-2005, 02:25 PM
Hold on people! I'm getting tons of PMs from people asking me to collaborate with them! I can only collaborate with one other person, otherwise it gets too confusing!!

Mind if I wait until I get back before contacting you guys?!?:D

AnimZiggy
06-15-2005, 02:31 PM
Fine by me! I shall wait my queensoul! Ha ha ha! Have fun whatever you do!

Telemaco
06-15-2005, 02:32 PM
Thinking about this topic I remebered that I have a full story written to do a comic, If you want I can post it... (I need to traslate it to my bad english)

Telémaco

augustus
06-15-2005, 03:06 PM
Name: Oguz
Skill: Can do drawing-painting part (not oh so great though).
What I want to do: I would like to be a part of two or three person illustration team and/or work on a fable.

Thany
06-15-2005, 05:53 PM
Name: David Thany
Skill: Illustration, color

What I want to do: Don't have too much time, but I think I can color.

RobertoOrtiz
06-15-2005, 07:09 PM
Oh what the heck..

Name: Roberto Ortiz
Skill : Writting(Outlines)

What i want to do...:
I have some ideas for stories but I DO need help

embryotic
06-15-2005, 10:58 PM
Hi all,

Im not too much of a writer - tho I can swing a tablet like nobodys buisness! ..... kinda
i'd like to team up with someone, perhaps a smaller project to start, Im into things a little darker....key words for my inspiration probably are beautiful sad.

Oh......maybe with zombies.....yes....zombies.....

cheers:thumbsup:

malcolmvexxed
06-16-2005, 01:04 AM
Will these projects also be posted in the collabo forum? it seems like a natural marriage for a comic book project since the tasks are so divided and it would be a good way to promote the ongoing comics too. Admittedly there isn't a ton of traffic to the collabo forum but that's all the more reason to use it.

El-Rodente
06-16-2005, 03:39 AM
Name: Ian
skill: doodles

wants to: doodle, hear me out

with opencanvas 1.1 2 or 3 people can network, i would like to experiment in working through a comic strip working together with someone doodling at the same time, on the same canvas

probably wouldnt be too high quality, but would be fun

kinda like http://members.johnholdun.com/blick/cg/Kliffman.gif

which does have order errors on the text, but meh

mahir
06-16-2005, 11:52 AM
Name: mahir
Skills: Penciller wanna-be. Layouts and inking maybe...

I've been dying to do some comic work. Sadly i lack decent stories. If you don't mind the inexperience and occassional delays i'm game to lend a hand. I'm comfortable with pencils and my artworks lean more towards realism as opposed to cartoony. Has a secret wish to experiment with different drawing styles (you've seen me mildly dabble in digital art). Colors are my kryptonite. So yeah, pencil's my drug of choice...

Rudeone
06-16-2005, 09:58 PM
name: Rudy
skills: pencils, ink, colour

My schedule is kinda busy the upcoming 2 or 3 weeks, but I think I can squize in some comicwork.
I suck at writing, but I think my drawing/inking/coloring skills are good enough.
For a story and style I was thinking something like a comic called Sky Doll I discovered today at a local comicshop, check it out: http://www.skydoll.com/1.htm (check out gallery in graphic novel section, awesome style and coloring), english version is still under construction, but you'll get the basic idea I like for the whole style.

If you're a skilled writer and would like to team up with me please PM me:thumbsup:

p.s: I'm pretty much capable of doing different styles, although I mostly work in one style lately. If you're interested and have a great idea, let me know and I'll do some concepts for you to judge.

DoInferno
06-17-2005, 12:50 AM
Name: Carlos Ranna

Skill: Ilustrate using digital and traditional media, mixing them if necessary.

Wanna do: Ilustrate a book (or e-book, whatever...), not very big, and have it writen in at least two languages, english and portuguese. The subject matter to be decided latter on.

Cyanid
06-17-2005, 08:42 AM
Name: Bart van Walderveen

mid skilled: inker and color. (and a bit storywriter too)

telemaco, can you post the story?
I like your style a lot :)

Telemaco
06-17-2005, 10:27 AM
I'll do.

Thx. :)

Telémaco

PatternRecognition
06-17-2005, 01:08 PM
Name: Ana, Angry Scientist

Skill: I'd love to do enviros but character design is also fine. Digital and traditional, though digital is prefered.

I'd like to do something industrial, urban or fantasy. The crazier the idea, the better. I'm not too keen on anime.

PM for details or any sort of questions!

RobertoOrtiz
06-17-2005, 04:36 PM
So you guys can be inspired...

By the way, THE THREAD GOES UP NEXT WEEK.

-R

Ilikesoup
06-17-2005, 07:38 PM
Okay, I'm not good with deadlines, but can fake my way through:

writing
pencils
color
lettering

augustus -- did you have a fable in mind? Original or existing fable? I'd be interested.

augustus
06-17-2005, 10:47 PM
augustus -- did you have a fable in mind? Original or existing fable? I'd be interested.

Not much. I'm not a writer you know. :) All I've got are some sketches on my sketchbook:

http://august.f2o.org/temp/konsept.jpg
(Sorry for the image quality, I don't have a scanner at home.)

So, it's look like a story about a cat raisen by monkeys.

Next week huh? That can be a problem. I'm using a crappy notebook borrowed from office these days. Painter classic works just so so on it.:sad:

Sareth
06-22-2005, 07:56 AM
Name: Sareth

Skill: Writing, plot development, characterisation (basically anything but the actual artwork.)

What I want to do: Partner with one (or two) persons to explore the possibility of an online graphics novel. I have several different story concepts to fit different interests.

Warning: I'm rather technical and demanding (both of time and detail) if interested, be prepared to work at it.

Contact: Via PM or my blog: http://www.livejournal.com/users/sareth/

limion
06-26-2005, 01:09 PM
name: ruben (limion)
skill: writer, have a pretty good emagination and would like to help any where i can. maybe i'll even learn to draw a bit better.

sergioKomic
06-27-2005, 04:54 PM
SergioK

co-plot
color
letters, titles design stuff,

RobertoOrtiz
06-28-2005, 06:19 PM
Guys I am trying to get this off the ground next week. Right now we are busing promoting

REBECCA KIMMEL'S Anatomy Review 001: GESTURE (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=253289) so that taking all my time..

I promise Ill make it up for all of you.

-R

MadeInUterus
06-29-2005, 05:11 PM
is it to late to add my profile? :D its been too long

Name: Bruno, Made in Uterus (MiU for short)

skill: (if u can call what i do to have that,,) pencil and .... well i guess pencil only.... i do some collours but my realism is far from erm, reality, im better at organic tho....

i want to join a team, big enough to make quality renders in small ammount of time, i dont have much freetime, but that will change in about a week, so drop me a line if u want to team up, or if u want me to join ur team, or if u want to just say "hi" or "drop dead"

RobertoOrtiz
07-14-2005, 04:25 PM
FYI

THE COMIC STRIP 2.0: New Rules...(NEED YOUR INPUT) (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=258630)

I would love to hear your ideas.

-R

RobertoOrtiz
07-16-2005, 06:44 AM
Ok we will relaunch this thing soon.

Here is the comments thread
THE COMIC STRIP 2.0: New Rules...(NEED YOUR INPUT) (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=258630)
-R

RobertoOrtiz
07-16-2005, 11:04 PM
Bumpppppppppppppppppp

Vahn
04-04-2006, 06:16 PM
*bump*

If anyone does some lineart (cg prefered ), i would color it ... pm me if you want to team up for anything :)

CGTalk Moderation
04-04-2006, 06:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.